Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Erm . . .

What's wrong with this?

*if char 1 of POYNTS is included in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" then*

Re: Being stupid for a change

On 09/08/2018 09:54 AM, richmond via use-livecode wrote:
> Erm . . .
>
> What's wrong with this?
>
> *if char 1 of POYNTS is included in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" then*

if char 1 of POYNTS is in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" then

Re: Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Richmond

> Am 08.09.2018 um 18:54 schrieb richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Erm . . .
>
> What's wrong with this?
> *if char 1 of POYNTS is included in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" then*

you have a "cluded" too much. 8-)

> Richmond.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Thanks, Klaus,  and Mark,

I've had a long week and am feeling fairly Cluded to be honest.

Richmond.

On 8/9/2018 8:00 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond
>
>> Am 08.09.2018 um 18:54 schrieb richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Erm . . .
>>
>> What's wrong with this?
>> *if char 1 of POYNTS is included in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" then*
> you have a "cluded" too much. 8-)
>
>> Richmond.
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
perfect case for better error messages ...... people get tired...... our
ide's should never expect perfect humans and try to be as helpful as
possible.

Think how far down the to do list "improved error messages" is......but i
guess its why we have a community that can help....... alright next time i
have time i will dive into the github and making contributions to the
community ide.

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 1:03 PM Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Klaus,  and Mark,
>
> I've had a long week and am feeling fairly Cluded to be honest.
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 8/9/2018 8:00 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> > Hi Richmond
> >
> >> Am 08.09.2018 um 18:54 schrieb richmond via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Erm . . .
> >>
> >> What's wrong with this?
> >> *if char 1 of POYNTS is included in "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" then*
> > you have a "cluded" too much. 8-)
> >
> >> Richmond.
> > Best
> >
> > Klaus
> >
> > --
> > Klaus Major
> > http://www.major-k.de

Re: Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Richmond, you’re not stupid, just ‘clude’-less. ;)

Jim Lambert

Re: Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Certainly feels like that from time to time.

Richmond.

On 9/9/2018 11:56 pm, Jim Lambert via use-livecode wrote:
> Richmond, you’re not stupid, just ‘clude’-less. ;)
>
> Jim Lambert

Re: Being stupid for a change

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Your wish is granted! IDEs are not people, and therefore have no expectations at all! ;-)

Bob S