Quantcast

[Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

[Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Dear List Folks,

There is a new blog post up with interesting information for you from Kevin:

https://livecode.com/livecode-global-our-next-conference-in-your-city/ <https://livecode.com/livecode-global-our-next-conference-in-your-city/>

Enjoy!

Warm Regards,

Heather

p.s. Anyone else completely baffled by the phrase "yak shave"? I'd never heard it before, had to google it.

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager
LiveCode Ltd
www.livecode.com

Re: [Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
"What does 'two bolts' mean?"

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Heather Laine via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear List Folks,
>
> There is a new blog post up with interesting information for you from
> Kevin:
>
> https://livecode.com/livecode-global-our-next-conference-in-your-city/ <
> https://livecode.com/livecode-global-our-next-conference-in-your-city/>
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Heather
>
> p.s. Anyone else completely baffled by the phrase "yak shave"? I'd never
> heard it before, had to google it.
>
> Heather Laine
> Customer Services Manager
> LiveCode Ltd
> www.livecode.com

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

On 5/19/17 9:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
> "What does 'two bolts' mean?"

You win the internet today. :) But my stereotype has been destroyed,
everyone knows that programmers are skinny and live on Jolt and coffee.

On 5/19/17 9:42 pm, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> On 5/19/17 9:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
>> I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
>> "What does 'two bolts' mean?"
>
> You win the internet today. :) But my stereotype has been destroyed,
> everyone knows that programmers are skinny and live on Jolt and coffee.

That explains why I have a 55 year old's beer gut (largely without the
help of beer); because I not a programmer, even
though I (still) have  pretensions to be one.

Cannot get 'Jolt' (whatever it is) in Bulgaria; so; lots of coffee with
cardamon.

Re: [Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:42 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/19/17 9:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
>> "What does 'two bolts' mean?"
>>

> You win the internet today. :) But my stereotype has been destroyed,
> everyone knows that programmers are skinny and live on Jolt and coffee.

I don't get the connection, so I googled it, which resulted in some light
reading suggestions:

   Albert Einstein: And the Frontiers of Physics
<https://books.google.com/books?id=n8ThBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA59&dq=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIzYi60_zTAhVCRCYKHfFQD2YQ6AEIJjAA>

   Cumulative Sum Charts and Charting for Quality Improvement
<https://books.google.com/books?id=bLzkBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA4&dq=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIzYi60_zTAhVCRCYKHfFQD2YQ6AEILDAB>

   The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs: An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
<https://books.google.com/books?id=WDdd9LQBWCgC&pg=PA16&dq=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean?&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIzYi60_zTAhVCRCYKHfFQD2YQ6AEIMzAC>

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q=What+does+%27two+bolts%27+mean%3F

~Roger

Re: [Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cannot get 'Jolt' (whatever it is) in Bulgaria; so; lots of coffee with
> cardamon.

A cola with cane sugar instead o corn syrup and fortified with extra
caffeine.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re: [Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
> "What does 'two bolts' mean?

Mire than enough cloth to redo both my classic Cadillac and my wife's
full-sixe van?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re: [Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Roger,
two bolts as in two bolts of cloth.

Jolt is goooooooooooooooooood, as are any of the sugar-based sodas.  Corn
syrup and agave just don't have it (but Game Fuel and several of the
Rockstar drinks are pretty tasty)

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
> > "What does 'two bolts' mean?
> >

> Mire than enough cloth to redo both my classic Cadillac and my wife's
> full-sixe van?
>

> --
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
> (702) 508-8462

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

On 5/19/17 2:11 PM, Roger Eller wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:42 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 5/19/17 9:15 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>>> I paid up and send in my shirt size, yesterday.  Heather's response was
>>> "What does 'two bolts' mean?"
>>>

>> You win the internet today. :) But my stereotype has been destroyed,
>> everyone knows that programmers are skinny and live on Jolt and coffee.

I suppose math and physics may apply here but a bolt of cloth is up to
100 yards of fabric wrapped around a cardboard core. Google "bolt of
cloth" for an image.

If Mike needs 200 yards of fabric for his tee shirt then I suspect he
also needs custom-made door frames and chairs. Frankly, I don't believe it.

Re: [Blog] New post for your reading pleasure

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Don't be hating on mikey like that.  Mikey needs his protein.