Boiling over with excitement . . .

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Before anyone gets over-excited by the fact that the LiveCode team have,
finally,

sorted out the silly invisible polygon graphic object in LiveCode
(a.k.a. Polly-Gone) in 9.0.1 rc 1:

*1.* I think it is extremely shabby that LiveCode 8 was EOLed without
that being sorted out.

*2.* Choose a Polygon Graphic from the menu, get into its properties
palette and give it

a unique name, set up a listField with a set of non-trivial points

(e.g. 100,100

          100,200

          200,200

          200,100

          100,100)

crack open the Message box and type something of this order:

*set the points of grc "zzz" to fld "scl"*

and your polygon graphic will  "magically" manifest itself 'right there'
on the stack.

Re: Boiling over with excitement . . .

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hello Richmond,

This fix can easily be applied to your local install of LC 8.x:

1. Navigate to LiveCode
8.x.y.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/resources/supporting_files/property_definitions/
2. Find file "com.livecode.interface.classic.PolygonGraphic.tsv" and rename
it to "OLD_com.livecode.interface.classic.PolygonGraphic.tsv"
3. Download this patched file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/montegoulding/livecode-ide/d30e00360273dd5d00030b61c9fd4841440d4fd3/Toolset/resources/supporting_files/property_definitions/com.livecode.interface.classic.PolygonGraphic.tsv
(Choose "File -> Save as" in your browser menu, and make sure you save it
as "com.livecode.interface.classic.PolygonGraphic.tsv")
4. Place the file you saved in step 3 at LiveCode
8.x.y.app/Contents/Tools/Toolset/resources/supporting_files/property_definitions/
5. Quit and reopen LC 8.x

Notes:

With this patch, the default points of the regular polygon are
"0,0\n100,100", which looks like a line graphic. You can change that in the
PI.
However, you can modify this file and add the default points of your
choice, for example if you want it to look as the one in your previous
post, in this file replace:

0,0\n100,100

with

100,100\n100,200\n200,200\n200,100

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Panos

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Richmond via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before anyone gets over-excited by the fact that the LiveCode team have,
> finally,
>
> sorted out the silly invisible polygon graphic object in LiveCode (a.k.a.
> Polly-Gone) in 9.0.1 rc 1:
>

> *1.* I think it is extremely shabby that LiveCode 8 was EOLed without that
> being sorted out.
>
> *2.* Choose a Polygon Graphic from the menu, get into its properties
> palette and give it
>
> a unique name, set up a listField with a set of non-trivial points
>
> (e.g. 100,100
>
>          100,200
>
>          200,200
>
>          200,100
>
>          100,100)
>

> crack open the Message box and type something of this order:
>
> *set the points of grc "zzz" to fld "scl"*
>
> and your polygon graphic will  "magically" manifest itself 'right there'
> on the stack.
>

> Richmond.

Re: Boiling over with excitement . . .

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode