Book (If you're new to LiveCode...)

Summer is nearing its end and schools are starting again. That seems a
good moment to ask your attention for the book Programming LiveCode for
the Real Beginner. I wrote this book in 2012-2013 and have sold numerous
copies over the past 5 years --for which a big thank-you to the LiveCode
community. Eventually, I decided to print a really huge pile, so it
would never be out of stock and we'd be able to deliver immediately
(depending on postal services and customs).

The fourth print of Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner has been
updated to include a number of new XML commands, which were introduced
after the first release of the book. I have also added a few remarks
about LiveCode 7 to the chapter on Unicode. Since the book deals with
the basics of the LiveCode scripting language, which everybody needs to
know, it continues to be very relevant, no matter which version of
LiveCode you're using.

Only the paragraphs about the properties inspector need to be updated to
reflect the changes in LC 9, but these paragraphs deal with the
interface rather than scripting. There is no plan to rewrite the book,
but I might eventually delete those paragraphs altogether if we ever get
to producing a fifth print run.

Here is some information that you may want to know about the book:
- the book is not available as an e-book and it won't be, please don't
ask for it;
- there are no plans to rewrite the book;
- we ship the book everywhere in the world, if we can physically get
there (deliveries to Antarctica will take a while though) and shipping
costs are included in the price;
- book shops and educational institutes and anyone ordering at least 10
copies may contact us for a discount;
- after you purchase the book, we will ask you to confirm your postal
address;
- if you don't get an e-mail after you purchase the book, contact us and
use a different e-mail address if you have tried to contact us before;
- you can win a free copy of the book (perhaps to give away to a friend)
by liking the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LiveCode.Beginner
(but make sure to keep an eye on the page);
- please fill out our survey at
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/survey/ regardless of whether
you have purchased/are planning to purchase the book;
- if you have any more questions, please contact support [a t]
economy-x-talk.com

You can order the book at http://tinyurl.com/livecodebook and more info
is available at http://tinyurl.com/livecodeblog

--
Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com
https://www.facebook.com/marksch

Buy the most extensive book on the
LiveCode language:
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com

Re: Book (If you're new to LiveCode...)

At the end of this week, our office will close for 2 weeks. Any orders
received before Wednesday 20th September will be processed and sent
before we close.

Once you have ordered Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner, keep
an eye on your e-mail! You need to confirm your postal mail address
before we can send the book.