Breakpoint

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hallo
Still working with on 6.7.7 but experiencing a lot of troubles with breakpoint, can’t set, have to activate before each run otherwise don’t trigger. Script debugging become a nightmare. I’ll never have seen such a bad behavior. Does anyone nows how to circumvent this missbehavior.

Jean-Jacques Wagner

Re: Breakpoint

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Yes. First, clear all breakpoints from the Debug menu of the Script Editor. Next, in a script editor window, towards the bottom, there is a Breakpoints tab. If any breakpoints remain, delete them. Save your app, quit and relaunch LC. Breakpoints *should* trigger normally again.

If that does not work, then try this: I have noticed that at times, and for reasons unknown (maybe from copy/pasting) non-printing characters get into a script and can mess it up in different ways. It's a long shot, but copy the whole contents of the script, paste it into a text only application like TextEdit on a Mac or Notepad for Windows (not WordPad that is word lite). Then copy THAT and paste back into the script editor.

Failing that, you may want to submit a bug report but LC is no longer actively developing for V6, if I am not mistaken so don't hold your breath.

Bob S