Brown Sauce

Richmond Mathewson-2
The plan was for the "as is" version of Open Source Livecode to
be released at the end of March . . .

. . . wondering if anyone can confirm this as have plans that are
dependent on the release date.

Re: Brown Sauce

Ian Wood-3
'Once we get through that planning we'll be working away to bring you the "as is" open source release of the platform. We promised March for that and for anyone unfamiliar with software schedules, that means the end of March.'

http://blog.runrev.com/blog/bid/272739/We-Kickstarted-LiveCode

Ian

On 10 Mar 2013, at 12:43, Richmond wrote:

> The plan was for the "as is" version of Open Source Livecode to
> be released at the end of March . . .
>
> . . . wondering if anyone can confirm this as have plans that are dependent on the release date.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Brown Sauce

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 03/10/2013 07:31 PM, Ian Wood wrote:
> 'Once we get through that planning we'll be working away to bring you the "as is" open source release of the platform. We promised March for that and for anyone unfamiliar with software schedules, that means the end of March.'

Oo, a bit sn*tty methinks.

As someone familiar with software schedules I am well aware that a very
large proportion of them miss "the end of March",
unforeseen factors slowing things down.

That, of itself, is not a source of worry, what is is that that one of
the ways of keeping the punters happy is by constantly drip-feeding
them gobbets of information so that they feel they are not being
excluded from the development process.

> http://blog.runrev.com/blog/bid/272739/We-Kickstarted-LiveCode
>
> Ian
>
> On 10 Mar 2013, at 12:43, Richmond wrote:
>
>> The plan was for the "as is" version of Open Source Livecode to
>> be released at the end of March . . .
>>
>> . . . wondering if anyone can confirm this as have plans that are dependent on the release date.
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: Brown Sauce

Stephen Barncard-4
What's obvious about March and schedules?

Is this just one of those things we're  'supposed to know', like how to
pronounce Edinburgh properly?

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 03/10/2013 07:31 PM, Ian Wood wrote:
>
>> 'Once we get through that planning we'll be working away to bring you the
>> "as is" open source release of the platform. We promised March for that and
>> for anyone unfamiliar with software schedules, that means the end of March.'
>>

> Oo, a bit sn*tty methinks.
>
> As someone familiar with software schedules I am well aware that a very
> large proportion of them miss "the end of March",
> unforeseen factors slowing things down.
>
> That, of itself, is not a source of worry, what is is that that one of the
> ways of keeping the punters happy is by constantly drip-feeding
> them gobbets of information so that they feel they are not being excluded
> from the development process.
>

>> http://blog.runrev.com/blog/**bid/272739/We-Kickstarted-**LiveCode<http://blog.runrev.com/blog/bid/272739/We-Kickstarted-LiveCode>
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> On 10 Mar 2013, at 12:43, Richmond wrote:
>>
>>  The plan was for the "as is" version of Open Source Livecode to
>>> be released at the end of March . . .
>>>
>>> . . . wondering if anyone can confirm this as have plans that are
>>> dependent on the release date.
>>>
>>> Richmond.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: Brown Sauce

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 03/10/2013 08:48 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> What's obvious about March and schedules?
>
> Is this just one of those things we're  'supposed to know', like how to
> pronounce Edinburgh properly?

Try and say 'Auchtermuchty':
http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=auchtermuchty.

D'Ye ken how to grow mushrooms?

Richmond.

> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On 03/10/2013 07:31 PM, Ian Wood wrote:
>>
>>> 'Once we get through that planning we'll be working away to bring you the
>>> "as is" open source release of the platform. We promised March for that and
>>> for anyone unfamiliar with software schedules, that means the end of March.'
>>>
>> Oo, a bit sn*tty methinks.
>>
>> As someone familiar with software schedules I am well aware that a very
>> large proportion of them miss "the end of March",
>> unforeseen factors slowing things down.
>>
>> That, of itself, is not a source of worry, what is is that that one of the
>> ways of keeping the punters happy is by constantly drip-feeding
>> them gobbets of information so that they feel they are not being excluded
>> from the development process.
>>

>>> http://blog.runrev.com/blog/**bid/272739/We-Kickstarted-**LiveCode<http://blog.runrev.com/blog/bid/272739/We-Kickstarted-LiveCode>
>>>
>>> Ian
>>>
>>> On 10 Mar 2013, at 12:43, Richmond wrote:
>>>
>>>   The plan was for the "as is" version of Open Source Livecode to

> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
>
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

RE: Brown Sauce

John Dixon

> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:11:03 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Brown Sauce
>
> On 03/10/2013 08:48 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> > What's obvious about March and schedules?
> >
> > Is this just one of those things we're  'supposed to know', like how to
> > pronounce Edinburgh properly?
>
> Try and say 'Auchtermuchty':

> Richmond.

or... Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch a village on the isle of Anglesey

Re: Brown Sauce

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 03/10/2013 09:21 PM, John Dixon wrote:

>> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:11:03 +0200
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: Brown Sauce
>>
>> On 03/10/2013 08:48 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>>> What's obvious about March and schedules?
>>>
>>> Is this just one of those things we're  'supposed to know', like how to
>>> pronounce Edinburgh properly?
>> Try and say 'Auchtermuchty':
>> Richmond.
> or... Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch a village on the isle of Anglesey

Aye; but the difference is that people who stay at that place in Innis
Anglesey don't actually pronounce
the whole of that word, opting for simple "Llanfair",

while those who stay in the field of pigs still say "Auchtermuchty" in full.

Try to pronounce the name of the programming language that resides
inside the Livecode IDE!

Re: Brown Sauce

Jacques Hausser

Le 10 mars 2013 à 20:21, John Dixon <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> or... Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch a village on the isle of Anglesey

answer of http://www.howjsay.com:

our nearest entry is: laryngotracheobronchitis   (!!!)

Re: Brown Sauce

Klaus on-rev
Hi friends,

Am 10.03.2013 um 20:35 schrieb Jacques Hausser <[hidden email]>:

> Le 10 mars 2013 à 20:21, John Dixon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> or... Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch a village on the isle of Anglesey
> answer of http://www.howjsay.com:
> our nearest entry is: laryngotracheobronchitis   (!!!)

C'mon guys, that's Klingon, isn't it? :-D

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Brown Sauce

mwieder
Klaus-

Sunday, March 10, 2013, 1:30:29 PM, you wrote:

>> our nearest entry is: laryngotracheobronchitis   (!!!)

> C'mon guys, that's Klingon, isn't it? :-D

Nope. Too many vowels.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: Brown Sauce

Ian Wood-3

On 10 Mar 2013, at 19:32, Richmond wrote:

> Aye; but the difference is that people who stay at that place in Innis Anglesey don't actually pronounce
> the whole of that word, opting for simple "Llanfair",

Not that many people outside Wales can pronounce the double-L sound properly. ;-)

Ian

Re: Brown Sauce

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 03/10/2013 10:46 PM, Ian Wood wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2013, at 19:32, Richmond wrote:
>
>> Aye; but the difference is that people who stay at that place in Innis Anglesey don't actually pronounce
>> the whole of that word, opting for simple "Llanfair",
> Not that many people outside Wales can pronounce the double-L sound properly. ;-)

It's no that different than the 'hl' in 'hlæf' = Anglo-Saxon 'bread',
war '????' = Bulgarian 'bread'.