Browser Widget Problem in Android

Pi Digital via use-livecode
I have put a map browser widget in my app.  When I load the URL and try to
display it in my android, I just get a blank screen.  Attached are my
standalone settings.

The app works on my desktop but NOT on the Android.  The browser URL is set
correctly, it just does not display.  Any suggestions as to what might be
wrong?

Re: Browser Widget Problem in Android

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Mike-

Attachments don't make their way onto the list, so we can't see your settings.

You said a "map browser widget" but that doesn't exist in LiveCode:
Map widget does, and Browser widget does, but no Map Browser widget. I
think you're talking about the Browser widget based off the thread
title and mention of URL.

The following inclusions will likely be required for your implementation:
Browser [globe icon, not puzzle piece] (to include the Browser widget)
Internet [dog-eared paper icon] (to include libURL libraries which
allow the app to connect to the outside world)
SSL & Encryption [puzzle piece icon] (to handle HTTPS prefixes)

Does the addition of these, or changing the Inclusions setting under
the General tab of Standalone Application Settings to "Search for
required inclusions when saving the standalone application", make a
difference for your app?

--Andrew Bell

> Subject: Browser Widget Problem in Android
>
> I have put a map browser widget in my app.  When I load the URL and try to
> display it in my android, I just get a blank screen.  Attached are my
> standalone settings.
>
> The app works on my desktop but NOT on the Android.  The browser URL is set
> correctly, it just does not display.  Any suggestions as to what might be
> wrong?

Re: Browser Widget Problem in Android

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Did you get a map API key as the dictionary describes?

"Note: In order to use the map widget on Android, you must create a Google
Maps V2 API key for your app, and set it in the standalone settings for the
map widget via the cog icon in the Inclusions pane of the standalone
settings stack."

The list doesn't accept attachments so I couldn't see your settings.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]