Build a simple app on Android

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Build a simple app on Android

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
I'm trying to build a VERY simple app, and try it on Android.

It is very simple - one Button (B_, and one field (F); click on the
button, it downloads a URL and puts the content into the field.

The script for the button consists of :

on mouseUp pMouseButton
   localt
putemptyintofld"F"
   put"----"&CRafterfld"F"
   putURL("https://www.kilmelford.com/puzzles/sudoku.txt") intot
   puttheresult& "::"& it &CRafterfld"F"
   putt afterfld"F"
end mouseUp

This gives me

tsneterr(6) could not resolve host.

Is there something on Android that I need to do to give permissions to
the app ?

How?

What ?

Thanks

Alex


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Build a simple app on Android

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Hi Alex,
Check the internet permission in the android standalone settings.

Best,
Panos

On 30 Jul 2017 13:01, "Alex Tweedly via use-livecode" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm trying to build a VERY simple app, and try it on Android.

It is very simple - one Button (B_, and one field (F); click on the button,
it downloads a URL and puts the content into the field.

The script for the button consists of :

on mouseUp pMouseButton
  localt
putemptyintofld"F"
  put"----"&CRafterfld"F"
  putURL("https://www.kilmelford.com/puzzles/sudoku.txt") intot
  puttheresult& "::"& it &CRafterfld"F"
  putt afterfld"F"
end mouseUp

This gives me

tsneterr(6) could not resolve host.

Is there something on Android that I need to do to give permissions to the
app ?

How?

What ?

Thanks

Alex


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Build a simple app on Android

tbodine
Is the security external part included in your Android app? You may need that external to reach an https url. (At least that's the case for desktop apps, if I'm not mistaken.) -- Tom Bodine
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Build a simple app on HTML5 [WAS: Re: Build a simple app on Android]

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
In reply to this post by ** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Oh wow !!   How did I miss that ?   Thank you !

And my apologies for wasting bandwidth on the list - I really should
have known, or spotted, that.
I just wish I had asked the question 3 days ago :-)

So I won't wait for my next question ....  should that same simple app
work when built as an HTML5 standalone ?    (9.0DP8 Indy, MacOS 10.10.5,
Chrome 59)
(hint: right now, it doesn't - click on the button, it highlights ....
and then nothing else happens until we get the "Page has become
unresponsive" message.)

Thanks
Alex.


On 30/07/2017 13:17, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> Check the internet permission in the android standalone settings.
>
> Best,
> Panos
>
> On 30 Jul 2017 13:01, "Alex Tweedly via use-livecode" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to build a VERY simple app, and try it on Android.
>
> It is very simple - one Button (B_, and one field (F); click on the button,
> it downloads a URL and puts the content into the field.
>
> The script for the button consists of :
>
> on mouseUp pMouseButton
>    localt
> putemptyintofld"F"
>    put"----"&CRafterfld"F"
>    putURL("https://www.kilmelford.com/puzzles/sudoku.txt") intot
>    puttheresult& "::"& it &CRafterfld"F"
>    putt afterfld"F"
> end mouseUp
>
> This gives me
>
> tsneterr(6) could not resolve host.
>
> Is there something on Android that I need to do to give permissions to the
> app ?
>
> How?
>
> What ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Build a simple app on HTML5 [WAS: Re: Build a simple app on Android]

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
> Alex wrote:
> So I won't wait for my next question .... should that same simple
> app work when built as an HTML5 standalone ? (9.0DP8 Indy, MacOS
> 10.10.5, Chrome 59) (hint: right now, it doesn't - click on the
> button, it highlights .... and then nothing else happens until we
> get the "Page has become unresponsive" message.)

You could use "load url", works on mobile and (currently) HTML5.

This is documented in the release notes of 9.0.0-dp7, pp 9-10.
An HTML5-example for using this new feature is on my html5 demos page
("FetchURL", loads images).

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Build a simple app on HTML5 [WAS: Re: Build a simple app on Android]

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Thanks Herman. I guess I'll have to wait ... the "same domain"
limitation makes it unfeasible for me to use it for now.

Alex.

btw - while looking at that entry in the release notes (for dp8), I
noticed the paragraph above it. Any guess what this is trying to say ?

> Additional forms of create command (9.0.0-dp-7)
>    Create in now works correctly
>    You can now create in as well as in

:-) ?

Alex.

On 30/07/2017 22:40, hh via use-livecode wrote:

>> Alex wrote:
>> So I won't wait for my next question .... should that same simple
>> app work when built as an HTML5 standalone ? (9.0DP8 Indy, MacOS
>> 10.10.5, Chrome 59) (hint: right now, it doesn't - click on the
>> button, it highlights .... and then nothing else happens until we
>> get the "Page has become unresponsive" message.)
> You could use "load url", works on mobile and (currently) HTML5.
>
> This is documented in the release notes of 9.0.0-dp7, pp 9-10.
> An HTML5-example for using this new feature is on my html5 demos page
> ("FetchURL", loads images).
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Loading...