Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
Peculiar behavior

if I save a stack… after some work… touch the standalone settings… where the iOS was off before, check it on, choose my profile and build, I will always get a message that some "arm stuff" cannot be found..

when I run it a second time… it goes through…

This is doubling my test time.

any work arounds?

Svasti Astu, Be Well
Brahmanathaswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

Mike Kerner
There is a bug report related to something similar, but I don't know if any
of us have developed a reliable recipe, yet.  For me it's surprising and
almost random when it happens, and I don't uncheck/check

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peculiar behavior
>
> if I save a stack… after some work… touch the standalone settings… where
> the iOS was off before, check it on, choose my profile and build, I will
> always get a message that some "arm stuff" cannot be found..
>
> when I run it a second time… it goes through…
>
> This is doubling my test time.
>
> any work arounds?
>
> Svasti Astu, Be Well
> Brahmanathaswami
> www.himalayanacademy.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode




--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
We are working our new mobile app in git hub. The challenge is that we need to use N number of binary files as "views" and at least one loader stack to run the build. Even though we have zero code in the stack script and zero code in the card script (the app is initialized with a behavior for the card… so that we use and external .livecodescript library…

this is working pretty well, where different developers are the designated SOA fo any given module/some.livecode # binary stack  so for example in source we many have modules/color-meditation.livecode  and every one know that I am the SOA and they never touch it. so updates and merging are painless.

BUT  the main top level loader stack  is getting changes  where dev A will add a few more stack files, Dev B doesn’t have any iOS devices, so he turns off "unchecks" the iOS in the standalone builder and LC of course wants to save and the hash changes…ergo Git says the file was modified.  

Currently were looking at ways to externalize the stack file also to a text file in source that can be managed more easily by git and then loader stack reads it… so the loader stack will not have anyone fiddling directly with the stack files in the LC IDE for that stack… *but*  still there is the issue of changes to the standalone builder… i.e. that's the back story…

So if I have to pull a copy of that stack and I have an iOS device , then I check that in the standalone builder and save… *now* I get the "missing ARM"  error messages.. but when I run it a second time, it goes through.

So maybe (just maybe) the recipe is that the standalone builder's global props are not being updated when the user make changes in the standalone build GUI panel until *after* the first attempt to build runs… *then* that process updates something in the SA build profile, which is saved… and so now when you run the build, it goes through… at least that's how it feels at the moment.

BR

 

On 12/12/16, 9:10 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Mike Kerner" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    There is a bug report related to something similar, but I don't know if any
    of us have developed a reliable recipe, yet.  For me it's surprising and
    almost random when it happens, and I don't uncheck/check

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

Monte Goulding-2

> On 14 Dec. 2016, at 2:32 pm, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> BUT  the main top level loader stack  is getting changes  where dev A will add a few more stack files, Dev B doesn’t have any iOS devices, so he turns off "unchecks" the iOS in the standalone builder and LC of course wants to save and the hash changes…ergo Git says the file was modified.  

They can checkout the current version before pulling changes if their saved version is just a temporary thing:

git checkout HEAD somestackfile.livecode

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
Monte: great.. tks for the tip… it's better than my current brute force method, done after committing everything that needs to be saved:

git reset --hard HEAD

But what would be ideal would be a way to externalize the entire standalone profile to a  *.livecodescript  file…

BR..

On 12/13/16, 5:51 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Monte Goulding" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    >On 14 Dec. 2016, at 2:32 pm, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <[hidden email]> wrote:
    >BUT  the main top level loader stack  is getting changes  where dev A will add a few more stack files, Dev B doesn’t have any iOS devices, so he turns off "unchecks" the iOS in the standalone builder and LC of course wants to save and the hash changes…ergo Git says the file was modified.  
   
    They can checkout the current version before pulling changes if their saved version is just a temporary thing:
   
    git checkout HEAD somestackfile.livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build standalone for iOS (8.1.2 RC2) First time- fails, second time it works

Monte Goulding-2

> On 15 Dec. 2016, at 5:44 am, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> But what would be ideal would be a way to externalize the entire standalone profile to a  *.livecodescript  file…

A separate YAML or some other markup project file would be handy but I don’t think that would help in this circumstance. What you need here is a local project settings override file that is gitignored.

Cheers

Monte
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode