Calendar Widget

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Calendar Widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi friends,

I have two calendar widgets, which are obviously compiled (?) for LC 8.
community.livecode.elanorb.calendar.1.0.0.lce
community.livecode.elanorb.calendarBN.1.0.0.lce

Any quick way to make these LC 9 compatible?

I think this is exactly what we need, something like "ask date" :-),
so this widget would come in quite handy.

Thanks a lot for any hints!


Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calendar Widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Normally when you package a open source widget it includes the source. If you install under 8, as long as the source is not impacted by changes, when you launch 9 it should recompile and make it available. It would then work on both 8 and 9 locally.

Thanks,
Brian
On Sep 12, 2018, 7:33 AM -0500, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I have two calendar widgets, which are obviously compiled (?) for LC 8.
> community.livecode.elanorb.calendar.1.0.0.lce
> community.livecode.elanorb.calendarBN.1.0.0.lce
>
> Any quick way to make these LC 9 compatible?
>
> I think this is exactly what we need, something like "ask date" :-),
> so this widget would come in quite handy.
>
> Thanks a lot for any hints!
>
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de
> [hidden email]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Calendar Widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
You could download the official version from Livecode. I am using this in v9 without issue.

https://livecode.com/extensions/calendar/1-0-0/ 

Regards,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Klaus major-k via use-livecode
Sent: 12 September 2018 13:32
To: Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]>
Cc: Klaus major-k <[hidden email]>
Subject: Calendar Widget

Hi friends,

I have two calendar widgets, which are obviously compiled (?) for LC 8.
community.livecode.elanorb.calendar.1.0.0.lce
community.livecode.elanorb.calendarBN.1.0.0.lce

Any quick way to make these LC 9 compatible?

I think this is exactly what we need, something like "ask date" :-), so this widget would come in quite handy.

Thanks a lot for any hints!


Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calendar Widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Paul,

> Am 12.09.2018 um 15:15 schrieb Paul Richards via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> You could download the official version from Livecode. I am using this in v9 without issue.
> https://livecode.com/extensions/calendar/1-0-0/ 

ah, thank you, I must have missed this one.

Would be nice if this would appear in the "Widget Store" (Extension Manager), and not these senseless
"Big Squeare" and "My pink Circle" stuff or the already built-in "SVG widget. 8-/

> Regards,
> Paul
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: use-livecode <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Klaus major-k via use-livecode
> Sent: 12 September 2018 13:32
> To: Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Klaus major-k <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Calendar Widget
>
> Hi friends,
>
> I have two calendar widgets, which are obviously compiled (?) for LC 8.
> community.livecode.elanorb.calendar.1.0.0.lce
> community.livecode.elanorb.calendarBN.1.0.0.lce

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calendar Widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Brian,

> Am 12.09.2018 um 14:57 schrieb Brian Milby via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Normally when you package a open source widget it includes the source. If you install under 8, as long as the source is not impacted by changes, when you launch 9 it should recompile and make it available. It would then work on both 8 and 9 locally.

it didn't or I made a mistake (more likely), but in the meantime I downloaded a new version from the LC website.
<https://livecode.com/extensions/calendar/1-0-0/>

Thank you!

> Thanks,
> Brian

best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode