Calendar widget again...

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi all,

some days ago I downloaded Elenors calendar widget
and found it quite disappointing compared to BNs version.

No icon in the TOOLs palette and, most annoying, we cannot
set that the first day of week to MONDAY, as in germany and
many non english countries (Nudge, Nudge!).

I have the source code of Elenor/BNs old widget, how can I
create a widget for LC 9 out of it?

Thanks for any hints!

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Calendar widget again...

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I took BN's calendar some time ago and created a date range "widget" (not a real widget) where clicking on a start date in the start calendar set the end date in the end calendar to the next day, and prevented you from picking an end date earlier than the start date or start later than the end. I'll dig that up sometime and post it.

Bob S

> On Sep 14, 2018, at 11:20 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> some days ago I downloaded Elenors calendar widget
> and found it quite disappointing compared to BNs version.
>
> No icon in the TOOLs palette and, most annoying, we cannot
> set that the first day of week to MONDAY, as in germany and
> many non english countries (Nudge, Nudge!).
>
> I have the source code of Elenor/BNs old widget, how can I
> create a widget for LC 9 out of it?
>
> Thanks for any hints!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: Calendar widget again...

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Klaus,

honestly, if you never worked with LCB then you better use
one of the many LC Script versions, for example

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=129713#p129713
(you can switch Mo or So week start there).

To get more than display functions of 1-3-6-12 months is,
based on that, certainly no problem for you.

Hermann

Re: Calendar widget again...

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Add in

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=129713#p129713

to the card script:

on mouseUp
  put the clickText into cT
  if cT is a number and cT < 31 then
    put   "day: "   & cT &cr& \
          "month: " & the label of btn "month" &cr& \
          "year: "  & the label of btn "year"

Then you have the clicked date of the *center* calendar
(=number 1 of 1 or number 2 of 3 or number 2 of 6 or number 5 of 12.)

Don't forget: rightClick the calendar to show/hide an options group.

Re: Calendar widget again...

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hallo Hermann,

> Am 14.09.2018 um 21:01 schrieb hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus,
>
> honestly, if you never worked with LCB then you better use
> one of the many LC Script versions, for example
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=129713#p129713
> (you can switch Mo or So week start there).
> To get more than display functions of 1-3-6-12 months is,
> based on that, certainly no problem for you.

thank you for the hint, will surely take a look.

> Hermann

Best

Klaus

--