Quantcast

Calendar widget does not work in LC 9 dp5

Calendar widget does not work in LC 9 dp5

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi friends,

yesterday I opened the "Widget store" in LC and installed the "Calendar widget"
without any errors in LC 9 dp5.

But when I drag a calendar onto my card, there i only an empty rectangle where the
calendar is supposed to be.

Any hints why this does not work?
Or SHOULD it work? If yes what have I done wrong?
Again a change in format of widgets?

Should I do a bug report?

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Calendar widget does not work in LC 9 dp5

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
I remember a post about widgets compiled in one version not being compatible with another version. There is a procedure for correcting this, but I do not recall off the top of my head. I think it involves removing the widget, finding the widget file, opening and resaving it in the newer version of LC, and then re-adding it.

Bob S

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 11:09 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi friends,
>
> yesterday I opened the "Widget store" in LC and installed the "Calendar widget"
> without any errors in LC 9 dp5.
>
> But when I drag a calendar onto my card, there i only an empty rectangle where the
> calendar is supposed to be.
>
> Any hints why this does not work?
> Or SHOULD it work? If yes what have I done wrong?
> Again a change in format of widgets?
>
> Should I do a bug report?
>

> Best
>
> Klaus

Re: Calendar widget does not work in LC 9 dp5

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi Bob,

> Am 28.02.2017 um 20:14 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> I remember a post about widgets compiled in one version not being compatible with another version. There is a procedure for correcting this, but I do not recall off the top of my head. I think it involves removing the widget, finding the widget file, opening and resaving it in the newer version of LC, and then re-adding it.

yes, I also remember this "procedere", but will leave these actions to the creator of the widget,
which happens to be an employee of Livecode, Elanor Buchanan.
So it is another change in format of widgets?

And yes, the "Widget store" may really need a little clean-up! 8-)

> Bob S
>

>> On Feb 28, 2017, at 11:09 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> yesterday I opened the "Widget store" in LC and installed the "Calendar widget"
>> without any errors in LC 9 dp5.
>>
>> But when I drag a calendar onto my card, there i only an empty rectangle where the
>> calendar is supposed to be.
>>
>> Any hints why this does not work?
>> Or SHOULD it work? If yes what have I done wrong?
>> Again a change in format of widgets?
>>
>> Should I do a bug report?

Best

Klaus