Can't launch URL anymore

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Hi all.

I have a Google Maps button that builds a URL of a goole map with the origin and destination. In the past this has worked on the Mac without issue. Now it is failing. I also noted that it is failing in terminal as well, but I am thinking that perhaps launch url is using the terminal to do it's thing, or else the same library that the terminal uses, which means it's a distinction without a difference.

I'm using 10.14.6. All browsers have the issue (Firefix, Chrome, Safari.) Another user upgraded to 10.15 and does NOT have the issue!

Any ideas?

Re: Can't launch URL anymore

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > I have a Google Maps button that builds a URL of a goole map with the
 > origin and destination. In the past this has worked on the Mac without
 > issue. Now it is failing. I also noted that it is failing in terminal
 > as well, but I am thinking that perhaps launch url is using the
 > terminal to do it's thing, or else the same library that the terminal
 > uses, which means it's a distinction without a difference.
 >
 > I'm using 10.14.6. All browsers have the issue (Firefix, Chrome,
 > Safari.) Another user upgraded to 10.15 and does NOT have the issue!
 >
 > Any ideas?

Does it fail when pasting the URL directly into a browser's address field?

If so you've narrowed down the root cause.

I've seen some articles about Google changing its auth requirements and
pricing structure.  Depending on what you're doing with the Maps API you
may or may not be affected by those changes.

Re: Can't launch URL anymore

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
No pasting the assembled URL works. And it also fails in other apps too. Not an LC issue.

Bob S