Can the new player work with YouTube in 8.1.1?

Can the new player work with YouTube in 8.1.1?

Roger Eller
A YouTube URL doesn't seem to work as the fileName.  Is there some special
method or format of the URL needed?

on mouseUp

set the fileName of player 1 to "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K033kBr3C6c
"

end mouseUp

~Roger

Re: Can the new player work with YouTube in 8.1.1?

Peter Bogdanoff
It might be the codec that YouTube is using. See:

http://video.stackexchange.com/questions/5318/how-does-youtube-encode-my-uploads-and-what-codec-should-i-use-to-upload

Peter

On Nov 17, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A YouTube URL doesn't seem to work as the fileName.  Is there some special
> method or format of the URL needed?
>
> on mouseUp
>
> set the fileName of player 1 to "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K033kBr3C6c
> "
>
> end mouseUp
>

> ~Roger

Re: Can the new player work with YouTube in 8.1.1?

Paul_Hibbert
One way that does work with YouTube is to use a browser widget instead of the player control, then set the URL to the “embed” link provided by YouTube, but first, remove all of the iFrame tags and parameters, so in this case the URL would be, https://www.youtube.com/embed/K033kBr3C6c <https://www.youtube.com/embed/K033kBr3C6c>

HTH

Paul

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Roger Eller <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> A YouTube URL doesn't seem to work as the fileName.  Is there some special
> method or format of the URL needed?
>
> on mouseUp
>
> set the fileName of player 1 to "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K033kBr3C6c <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K033kBr3C6c>
> "
>
> end mouseUp
>

> ~Roger

Re: Can the new player work with YouTube in 8.1.1?

Roger Eller
 For some reason, I never received the replies to my question, and it
wasn't in spam either.

Thank you Paul Hibbert, and Peter Bogdanoff for your suggestions!

~Roger

Peter Bogdanoff
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@...&q=from:%22Peter+Bogdanoff%22>
 Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:19:54 -0800
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@...&q=date:20161117>

It might be the codec that YouTube is using. See:
http://video.stackexchange.com/questions/5318/how-does-youtube-encode-my-uploads-and-what-codec-should-i-use-to-upload

Peter

Paul Hibbert
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@...&q=from:%22Paul+Hibbert%22>