Quantcast

Cancelling a script??

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
The documentation says Cmd + . should stop a running script.

I have    set the allowinterrupts to true  in my openstack
script. But if I get into a long repeat loop, cmd + . does not
stop anything.

Community v8.1, OSX 10.9.

Any advice appreciated.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

Re: Cancelling a script??

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
If the loop is tight enough, the keypress never gets through.  I've just
got into the habit of putting an escape hatch into loops that can go wrong.
Something like:
if the environment is "development" and the shiftkey is down then exit to
top
(or if you want the user to have access to the same exit, don't check for
the environment)

Then all you have to do is hold shift and the loop will exit.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Tim Selander via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The documentation says Cmd + . should stop a running script.
>
> I have    set the allowinterrupts to true  in my openstack script. But if
> I get into a long repeat loop, cmd + . does not stop anything.
>
> Community v8.1, OSX 10.9.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan

Re: Cancelling a script??

Dan Friedman via use-livecode
Mike, that did the trick. I'll get into the same coding habit.

Thanks!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan