Caveat on save script only stack --> went to standalone

Caveat on save script only stack --> went to standalone

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Interesting caveat

create new stack (small splash/loader/engine)

    My Loader.livecode

Add eye-candy graphic, quit button

create new stack / script only  / save as my-loader.livecodescript
   #checks for presence of file in $HOME/Dropbox/coolApp.livecode
   # handles mouseup on quit button…
   # that's it

save… then apply this stack as the behavior for the Above "splash stack"

So far so good, it all works

------- phase 1 SA time
go to SA settings
add my-loader.livecodescript  to My Loader.livecode stack files
save SA
now go back to Script Editor add a few lines to my-loader.livecodescript
save

Get a very peculiar error messages about possible data loss. never ever seen in the history of my use of MC, RunRev, LC

Oh Wait… the stack being save/edited now is the one that was copied to the bundle!  if though minutes ago, that tab in the script editor was reading and writing to the *original* my-loader.livecodescript that was/is outside the SA app bundle

BR

Re: Caveat on save script only stack --> went to standalone

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Not a caveat. It's a full blown bug. I ran into that compiling apps too. I build for one platform at a time and quit between each build to prevent it. I reported it and filed a bug report, but I do not think anything was ever done about it. If I don't I get messages when I do the second build that there are stacks with the same name that need to be purged. That means that the stack being opened is NOT THE SAME STACK as the one in MEMORY!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hope someone looks into this.

Bob S