Change mobile settings

Ludovic THEBAULT
Hello,

Until now, i’ve used a little stack to update the mobile settings in the Livecode application (/Applications/LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/iOS/Device-8_2/Settings.plist) for example to indicate my app as French.

With the 7.14 version, this stack doesn’t work because « i need admin privilege ». I think is because the Livecode app is signed (at first launch we can see an verification from gatekeeper).
But how i can change (even manually) these settings if livecode is signed ?

Thanks

Re: Change mobile settings - file association in your iOS or Android app

Ludovic THEBAULT

> Le 14 mai 2016 à 18:49, Ludovic THEBAULT <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> Until now, i’ve used a little stack to update the mobile settings in the Livecode application (/Applications/LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/iOS/Device-8_2/Settings.plist) for example to indicate my app as French.
>
> With the 7.14 version, this stack doesn’t work because « i need admin privilege ». I think is because the Livecode app is signed (at first launch we can see an verification from gatekeeper).
> But how i can change (even manually) these settings if livecode is signed ?

So,

I use « Sudo nano » to edit the file.

But it is the only way to do ?

What the best practice to add, for example, a file association in your iOS or Android app with Livecode ?
It is possible to do it when saving the standalone ?

Thanks

Re: Change mobile settings - file association in your iOS or Android app

Thierry Douez
Ludovic,

Try this:

Copy the template plist from out of LC.

Edit it the way you like.
.
Name it Info.plist and add it to copy files in Standalone settings.

I never did it but I think I've seen this trick in this list a couple of
months ago.

Good luck,

Thierry

> > Le 14 mai 2016 à 18:49, Ludovic THEBAULT <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Until now, i’ve used a little stack to update the mobile settings in the
> Livecode application (/Applications/LiveCode Indy
> 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/iOS/Device-8_2/Settings.plist) for example
> to indicate my app as French.
> >
> > With the 7.14 version, this stack doesn’t work because « i need admin
> privilege ». I think is because the Livecode app is signed (at first launch
> we can see an verification from gatekeeper).
> > But how i can change (even manually) these settings if livecode is
> signed ?
> >

> So,
>
> I use « Sudo nano » to edit the file.
>
> But it is the only way to do ?
>
> What the best practice to add, for example, a file association in your iOS
> or Android app with Livecode ?
> It is possible to do it when saving the standalone ?
>
> Thanks

Re: Change mobile settings - file association in your iOS or Android app

Ludovic THEBAULT

> Le 16 mai 2016 à 16:58, Thierry Douez <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Ludovic,
>
> Try this:
>
> Copy the template plist from out of LC.
>
> Edit it the way you like.
> .
> Name it Info.plist and add it to copy files in Standalone settings.
>
> I never did it but I think I've seen this trick in this list a couple of
> months ago.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Thierry

Thanks,