Quantcast

Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
This has probably been noticed by others, but I just clicked the “Resources” button in LC9. It looks like a lot of great stuff. But, seems way, way out of date. Refers to Revolution, v2.7, etc.

I know the mothership is very busy implementing new features. But, to get new users, this kind of resource will be needed and the fact that it’s so old seeming might be a turnoff.

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthlearningsolution.org/

Re: Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
LC 9 is a bit like a human being who has an appendix because millions of
years ago his/her ancestors were eating a high fibre diet in the depths of
the Pangean jungle: full of old, outdated stuff that has been overlooked in
the relentess onward drive.

Richmond.

On Feb 5, 2017 8:18 PM, "William Prothero via use-livecode" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> This has probably been noticed by others, but I just clicked the
> “Resources” button in LC9. It looks like a lot of great stuff. But, seems
> way, way out of date. Refers to Revolution, v2.7, etc.
>
> I know the mothership is very busy implementing new features. But, to get
> new users, this kind of resource will be needed and the fact that it’s so
> old seeming might be a turnoff.
>
> Best,
> Bill
>
> William A. Prothero
> http://earthlearningsolution.org/

Re: Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
I was thinking about some of the old deprecated/obsolete features (like the
Resources), too.  I think that some of those should be resurrected in 9,
because they are things that a n00b might appreciate.  Some of the SQL
tools are one good example, like field binding.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> LC 9 is a bit like a human being who has an appendix because millions of
> years ago his/her ancestors were eating a high fibre diet in the depths of
> the Pangean jungle: full of old, outdated stuff that has been overlooked in
> the relentess onward drive.
>
> Richmond.
>
> On Feb 5, 2017 8:18 PM, "William Prothero via use-livecode" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This has probably been noticed by others, but I just clicked the
> > “Resources” button in LC9. It looks like a lot of great stuff. But, seems
> > way, way out of date. Refers to Revolution, v2.7, etc.
> >
> > I know the mothership is very busy implementing new features. But, to get
> > new users, this kind of resource will be needed and the fact that it’s so
> > old seeming might be a turnoff.
> >
> > Best,
> > Bill
> >
> > William A. Prothero
> > http://earthlearningsolution.org/

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
This is an unfortunate anology. I like you, were taught this in biology, but since then it seems medical science has discovered that the appendix is a functional organ.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/news/what-does-appendix-do-lot-more-we-thought%E2%80%A6

Bob S

On Feb 6, 2017, at 02:47 , Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

LC 9 is a bit like a human being who has an appendix because millions of
years ago his/her ancestors were eating a high fibre diet in the depths of
the Pangean jungle: full of old, outdated stuff that has been overlooked in
the relentess onward drive.

Re: Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
That is interesting about the appendix!

And, taking advantage of that information and someone else's observation,
it might not be a bad thing if some apparently obsolete "organs" were
retuned and returned to full functionality (err, did I hear a small voice
softly calling
"application browser" ?) again?

Richmond.

On Feb 6, 2017 4:07 PM, "Bob Sneidar via use-livecode" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is an unfortunate anology. I like you, were taught this in biology,
> but since then it seems medical science has discovered that the appendix is
> a functional organ.
>
> http://www.sciencefocus.com/news/what-does-appendix-do-
> lot-more-we-thought%E2%80%A6
>
> Bob S
>

> On Feb 6, 2017, at 02:47 , Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
> LC 9 is a bit like a human being who has an appendix because millions of
> years ago his/her ancestors were eating a high fibre diet in the depths of
> the Pangean jungle: full of old, outdated stuff that has been overlooked in
> the relentess onward drive.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
By the way, Happy Birthday Richmond!!!

Hope you have a great day.

Tom McGrath

Re: Checking out the "Resources" button in LC9

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
I'm trying to keep off the LiveCode for a day :)

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Thomas McGrath III via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> By the way, Happy Birthday Richmond!!!
>
> Hope you have a great day.
>
> Tom McGrath

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the Agents
of a large number of governments in secret. The parties to this email do
not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.