Chipp Walters 3D object viewer stack

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi All,

I was looking in the mail list archives, the name of
Chipp Walters Stack that could import and display
3d models in *.obj format, but could not find it.

Does anyone remembers the name of this stack
or could point me to the mail list message where
Chipp posted it?

I remember that Scott Rossi participated in that
mail list thread too.

Thanks in advance!

Al

Re: Chipp Walters 3D object viewer stack

Tom Glod via use-livecode
It may be a different one, but is it this?: https://github.com/angerangel/LCR3D

> On Sep 23, 2017, at 3:46 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was looking in the mail list archives, the name of
> Chipp Walters Stack that could import and display
> 3d models in *.obj format, but could not find it.
>
> Does anyone remembers the name of this stack
> or could point me to the mail list message where
> Chipp posted it?
>
> I remember that Scott Rossi participated in that
> mail list thread too.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Al

Re: Chipp Walters 3D object viewer stack

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi Colin,

on Sunday Sep 24 2017, Colin Holgate wrote:
> It may be a different one, but is it this?:
> https://github.com/angerangel/LCR3D

LCR3D is the work of Massimiliano Vessi (MaxV)
Chipp Walters stack is a different one.

In the 90's, there was a HyperCard stack that
could open *.obj 3d models too.
Specifically, I remember an impressive
3d whale model. Does anyone remembers
the name of this stack, too?

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was looking in the mail list archives, the name of
> Chipp Walters Stack that could import and display
> 3d models in *.obj format, but could not find it.
>
> Does anyone remembers the name of this stack
> or could point me to the mail list message where
> Chipp posted it?
>
> I remember that Scott Rossi participated in that
> mail list thread too.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Al

Re: Chipp Walters 3D object viewer stack

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Found it in my backups! :-D
After learning the stack name's, it was easy to find it
in the mail list achives.

This is Chipp's message:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2007-October/103466.html

This is Chipp's stack:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/chippstuff/3Dviewer.rev

Al

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Colin,
>
> on Sunday Sep 24 2017, Colin Holgate wrote:
> > It may be a different one, but is it this?:
> > https://github.com/angerangel/LCR3D
>
> LCR3D is the work of Massimiliano Vessi (MaxV)
> Chipp Walters stack is a different one.
>
> In the 90's, there was a HyperCard stack that
> could open *.obj 3d models too.
> Specifically, I remember an impressive
> 3d whale model. Does anyone remembers
> the name of this stack, too?
>
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was looking in the mail list archives, the name of
> > Chipp Walters Stack that could import and display
> > 3d models in *.obj format, but could not find it.
> >
> > Does anyone remembers the name of this stack
> > or could point me to the mail list message where
> > Chipp posted it?
> >
> > I remember that Scott Rossi participated in that
> > mail list thread too.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Al

Re: Chipp Walters 3D object viewer stack

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi

It only seems to display a flat image in 2d space.

Sean Cole

On 25 September 2017 at 23:02, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Found it in my backups! :-D
> After learning the stack name's, it was easy to find it
> in the mail list achives.
>
> This is Chipp's message:
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2007-October/103466.html
>
> This is Chipp's stack:
> http://www.gadgetplugins.com/chippstuff/3Dviewer.rev
>
> Al
>

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Colin,
> >
> > on Sunday Sep 24 2017, Colin Holgate wrote:
> > > It may be a different one, but is it this?:
> > > https://github.com/angerangel/LCR3D
> >
> > LCR3D is the work of Massimiliano Vessi (MaxV)
> > Chipp Walters stack is a different one.
> >
> > In the 90's, there was a HyperCard stack that
> > could open *.obj 3d models too.
> > Specifically, I remember an impressive
> > 3d whale model. Does anyone remembers
> > the name of this stack, too?
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Alejandro Tejada <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I was looking in the mail list archives, the name of
> > > Chipp Walters Stack that could import and display
> > > 3d models in *.obj format, but could not find it.
> > >
> > > Does anyone remembers the name of this stack
> > > or could point me to the mail list message where
> > > Chipp posted it?
> > >
> > > I remember that Scott Rossi participated in that
> > > mail list thread too.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > Al

Re: Chipp Walters 3D object viewer stack

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi Sean,

Sean Cole wrote:
> It only seems to display a flat image in 2d space.

There is a DLL based in Ogre3D that displays 3D images
in a stack. Some developers in this mail list received this
DLL as part of their LiveCode license. Ask them about it.

Al