Clock

xtalkprogrammer
Hi everyone,

A few years ago, there was a long discussion --almost a competition, I'd
say-- about clocks. Remembering the discussion and having a need for a
clock as a component in an app, I got inspired to make my own. You can
adjust the appearance and size of the clock by script. This clock is now
available on Economy-x-Talk's website at
http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=clock The clock can be
downloaded after making a small donation. If you have any questions,
just ask.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Installer Maker for LiveCode:
http://qery.us/468

http://qery.us/3fi

LiveCode on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Clock

Roger Eller
Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that we
could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.

http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html

This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4 (KitKat):
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/

~Roger

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mark Schonewille <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A few years ago, there was a long discussion --almost a competition, I'd
> say-- about clocks. Remembering the discussion and having a need for a
> clock as a component in an app, I got inspired to make my own. You can
> adjust the appearance and size of the clock by script. This clock is now
> available on Economy-x-Talk's website at
> http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=clock The clock can be
> downloaded after making a small donation. If you have any questions, just
> ask.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> Installer Maker for LiveCode:
> http://qery.us/468
>
> Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
> http://qery.us/3fi
>
> LiveCode on Facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

Re: Clock

Mike Kerner
The clock widget in 8 works really well, too, especially after the tweak
for moving the hour hand fractional hours.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
> certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
> auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that we
> could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
>
> http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
>
> This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4
> (KitKat):
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
>
> ~Roger
>

> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mark Schonewille <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > A few years ago, there was a long discussion --almost a competition, I'd
> > say-- about clocks. Remembering the discussion and having a need for a
> > clock as a component in an app, I got inspired to make my own. You can
> > adjust the appearance and size of the clock by script. This clock is now
> > available on Economy-x-Talk's website at
> > http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=clock The clock can be
> > downloaded after making a small donation. If you have any questions, just
> > ask.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Mark Schonewille
> >
> > Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
> > Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> > Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
> > KvK: 50277553
> >
> > Installer Maker for LiveCode:
> > http://qery.us/468
> >
> > Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
> > http://qery.us/3fi
> >
> > LiveCode on Facebook:
> > https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Clock

xtalkprogrammer
I won't be using LC 8 for production work within the next year or so
(unless huge progress is made with outstanding bugs and, hopefully, the
widgets language becomes much more xTalk-like).

On the other hand, since there are already so many clocks available and
there even a clock widget now, I thought I should make it available
(almost) for free.

--

On 5/20/2015 17:09, Mike Kerner wrote:

> The clock widget in 8 works really well, too, especially after the tweak
> for moving the hour hand fractional hours.
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
>> certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
>> auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that we
>> could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
>>
>> http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
>>
>> This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4
>> (KitKat):
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
>>
>> ~Roger
>>

>> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mark Schonewille <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> A few years ago, there was a long discussion --almost a competition, I'd
>>> say-- about clocks. Remembering the discussion and having a need for a
>>> clock as a component in an app, I got inspired to make my own. You can
>>> adjust the appearance and size of the clock by script. This clock is now
>>> available on Economy-x-Talk's website at
>>> http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=clock The clock can be
>>> downloaded after making a small donation. If you have any questions, just
>>> ask.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Mark Schonewille
>>>
>>> Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
>>> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
>>> KvK: 50277553
>>>
>>> Installer Maker for LiveCode:
>>> http://qery.us/468
>>>
>>> Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
>>> http://qery.us/3fi
>>>
>>> LiveCode on Facebook:
>>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Clock

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Roger,

I'm using the clock on an Android tablet and it works very well. I
expect it to run fine on your watch as well. Perhaps I should put the
watch on my wish list ;-)

It is easy to rescale the watch: just resize the group from a script or
the message box, with the lockMessages set to false.

--

On 5/20/2015 16:42, Roger Eller wrote:

> Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
> certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
> auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that we
> could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
>
> http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
>
> This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4 (KitKat):
> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
>
> ~Roger
>

> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mark Schonewille <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> A few years ago, there was a long discussion --almost a competition, I'd
>> say-- about clocks. Remembering the discussion and having a need for a
>> clock as a component in an app, I got inspired to make my own. You can
>> adjust the appearance and size of the clock by script. This clock is now
>> available on Economy-x-Talk's website at
>> http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=clock The clock can be
>> downloaded after making a small donation. If you have any questions, just
>> ask.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Mark Schonewille
>>
>> Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
>> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
>> KvK: 50277553
>>
>> Installer Maker for LiveCode:
>> http://qery.us/468
>>
>> Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
>> http://qery.us/3fi
>>
>> LiveCode on Facebook:
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Clock

Roger Eller
Building such a tiny ui on a watch face has been both a fun and challenging
diversion from my normal work on the desktop.  Minimal is the key.  I'll
try your clock on my watch when I find some time.  Haha... what a weird
sentence that was.

~Roger
On May 21, 2015 2:55 AM, "Mark Schonewille" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> I'm using the clock on an Android tablet and it works very well. I expect
> it to run fine on your watch as well. Perhaps I should put the watch on my
> wish list ;-)
>
> It is easy to rescale the watch: just resize the group from a script or
> the message box, with the lockMessages set to false.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> Installer Maker for LiveCode:
> http://qery.us/468
>
> Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
> http://qery.us/3fi
>
> LiveCode on Facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/
>
> On 5/20/2015 16:42, Roger Eller wrote:
>
>> Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
>> certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
>> auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that
>> we
>> could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
>>
>> http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
>>
>> This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4
>> (KitKat):
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
>>
>> ~Roger
>>

>> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mark Schonewille <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> A few years ago, there was a long discussion --almost a competition, I'd
>>> say-- about clocks. Remembering the discussion and having a need for a
>>> clock as a component in an app, I got inspired to make my own. You can
>>> adjust the appearance and size of the clock by script. This clock is now
>>> available on Economy-x-Talk's website at
>>> http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=clock The clock can be
>>> downloaded after making a small donation. If you have any questions, just
>>> ask.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Mark Schonewille
>>>
>>> Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
>>> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
>>> KvK: 50277553
>>>
>>> Installer Maker for LiveCode:
>>> http://qery.us/468
>>>
>>> Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
>>> http://qery.us/3fi
>>>
>>> LiveCode on Facebook:
>>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

Re: Clock

Richard Gaskin
Roger Eller wrote:

 > Building such a tiny ui on a watch face has been both a fun and
 > challenging diversion from my normal work on the desktop.  Minimal
 > is the key.  I'll try your clock on my watch when I find some time.

Enjoy it on your own or on an Android Wear watch, but it turns out that
clocks are among the ever-growing list of forbidden apps with Apple's watch:

Apple to devs: Watch out, don't make the Watch into a, well, a watch
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/28/apple_watch_apps/>

Re: Clock

Roger Eller
Well, I think that's dumb.  lol

Any Android watch face apps are just apps.  Albeit the provided app has an
API for adding more, and you can easily swipe through to pick one you like,
or that goes well with your shirt, etc.  Notifications are always above the
running app, whether it's your own, or the built-in one.

Roger EllerGraphics Systems Analyst

803 North Maple StreetP: 864.967.1625Simpsonville, SC 29681C: 864.908.0337
SealedAir.com <http://www.sealedair.com/>[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Richard Gaskin <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Roger Eller wrote:
>
> > Building such a tiny ui on a watch face has been both a fun and
> > challenging diversion from my normal work on the desktop.  Minimal
> > is the key.  I'll try your clock on my watch when I find some time.
>
> Enjoy it on your own or on an Android Wear watch, but it turns out that
> clocks are among the ever-growing list of forbidden apps with Apple's watch:
>

> Apple to devs: Watch out, don't make the Watch into a, well, a watch
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/28/apple_watch_apps/>
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Systems

Re: Clock

Peter Bogdanoff
I can see why Apple does this.

Someone makes an app with an interface that looks like one of Apple’s, but  functions somewhat differently—space for user confusion.

pb

On May 21, 2015, at 10:13 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, I think that's dumb.  lol
>
> Any Android watch face apps are just apps.  Albeit the provided app has an
> API for adding more, and you can easily swipe through to pick one you like,
> or that goes well with your shirt, etc.  Notifications are always above the
> running app, whether it's your own, or the built-in one.
>

> Roger EllerGraphics Systems Analyst
>
> 803 North Maple StreetP: 864.967.1625Simpsonville, SC 29681C: 864.908.0337
> SealedAir.com <http://www.sealedair.com/>[hidden email]
> <[hidden email]>
>

> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Richard Gaskin <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> Roger Eller wrote:
>>
>>> Building such a tiny ui on a watch face has been both a fun and
>>> challenging diversion from my normal work on the desktop.  Minimal
>>> is the key.  I'll try your clock on my watch when I find some time.
>>
>> Enjoy it on your own or on an Android Wear watch, but it turns out that
>> clocks are among the ever-growing list of forbidden apps with Apple's watch:
>>

>> Apple to devs: Watch out, don't make the Watch into a, well, a watch
>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/28/apple_watch_apps/>
>>
>> --
>> Richard Gaskin
>> Fourth World Systems
>> Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web

Re: Clock

xtalkprogrammer
Hi,

That's probably only part of the explanation. I guess Apple's clock app
uses special battery-friendly API's that allow the app to go on forever
so to speak. I could imagine that these API's even circumvent the need
for the main processor. (All speculation: I didn't examine all features
of the hardware specs).

If Apple would allow third-party clock apps, those would drain the
battery too quickly. Moreover, the third-party clock would disappear and
be replaced by Apple's own app as soon as the battery would reach a
particularly low level, which would cause a weird user experience.

--

On 5/22/2015 00:41, Peter Bogdanoff wrote:

> I can see why Apple does this.
>
> Someone makes an app with an interface that looks like one of Apple’s, but  functions somewhat differently—space for user confusion.
>
> pb
>
> On May 21, 2015, at 10:13 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Well, I think that's dumb.  lol
>>
>> Any Android watch face apps are just apps.  Albeit the provided app has an
>> API for adding more, and you can easily swipe through to pick one you like,
>> or that goes well with your shirt, etc.  Notifications are always above the
>> running app, whether it's your own, or the built-in one.
>>

>> Roger EllerGraphics Systems Analyst
>>
>> 803 North Maple StreetP: 864.967.1625Simpsonville, SC 29681C: 864.908.0337
>> SealedAir.com <http://www.sealedair.com/>[hidden email]
>> <[hidden email]>
>>

>> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Richard Gaskin <[hidden email]
>>> wrote:

>>> Enjoy it on your own or on an Android Wear watch, but it turns out that
>>> clocks are among the ever-growing list of forbidden apps with Apple's watch:
>>>

>>> Apple to devs: Watch out, don't make the Watch into a, well, a watch
>>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/28/apple_watch_apps/>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard Gaskin
>>> Fourth World Systems
>>> Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Clock

BNig
Hi Roger,

thank you for testing my clock from rev-online on android.

http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/749/Clock

Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a railwayclock type of clock would be feasible.

I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous Swiss Railwayclock

------------------------------------
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
------------------------------------

It is made entirely of graphics, resizable, and almost continuous movement of the second hand.

It stops at the full minute to advance the minute hand.

Kind regards

Bernd

Roger Eller wrote
Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that we
could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.

http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html

This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4 (KitKat):
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/

~Roger

Re: Clock

Roger Eller
VERY nice!  Up for a challenge?  Try the Lord Elgin "windowed" style.

http://itsawindup.com/media/product-img/231b4cab7a31a7fbbc8b9cdb2050c23e/u1.jpg

https://d31wxntiwn0x96.cloudfront.net/rzgade/productimages/1748.jpg

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:20 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>

> thank you for testing my clock from rev-online on android.
>
> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/749/Clock
>
> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a
> railwayclock
> type of clock would be feasible.
>
> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous Swiss
> Railwayclock
>
> ------------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> ------------------------------------
>
> It is made entirely of graphics, resizable, and almost continuous movement
> of the second hand.
>
> It stops at the full minute to advance the minute hand.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernd
>

> Roger Eller wrote
> > Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
> > certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
> > auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that
> > we
> > could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
> >
> > http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
> >
> > This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4
> > (KitKat):
> >
> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
> >
> > ~Roger

Re: Clock

BNig
Hi Roger,

that is definitely not a raywayclock... :)

I only do those :)

Do you happen to know what font they use for Lord Elgin?

Kind regards
Bernd

Roger Eller wrote
VERY nice!  Up for a challenge?  Try the Lord Elgin "windowed" style.

http://itsawindup.com/media/product-img/231b4cab7a31a7fbbc8b9cdb2050c23e/u1.jpg

https://d31wxntiwn0x96.cloudfront.net/rzgade/productimages/1748.jpg

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:20 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>

> thank you for testing my clock from rev-online on android.
>
> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/749/Clock
>
> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a
> railwayclock
> type of clock would be feasible.
>
> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous Swiss
> Railwayclock
>
> ------------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> ------------------------------------
>
> It is made entirely of graphics, resizable, and almost continuous movement
> of the second hand.
>
> It stops at the full minute to advance the minute hand.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernd
>

> Roger Eller wrote
> > Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
> > certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
> > auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that
> > we
> > could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
> >
> > http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
> >
> > This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4
> > (KitKat):
> >
> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
> >
> > ~Roger

Re: Clock

Ben Rubinstein
On 01/06/2015 21:20, BNig wrote:
> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a railwayclock
> type of clock would be feasible.
>
> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous Swiss
> Railwayclock
>
> ------------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> ------------------------------------

Very nice.  But note that you don't want to get too close to the Swiss Railway
clock:
http://gizmodo.com/5959542/apples-swiped-swiss-clock-design-cost-21-million

Ben

Re: Clock

BNig
Hi Ben,

thank you, but don't worry

from the link you have posted:

>9to5Mac points out this equates roughly to a 10 cent take on each of the 210 million iOS 6 devices

I have sent Swiss Railroad $ 1.70 to cover all the expected 17 users of the clock. And by that number I have a wide margin of safety :-)

Kind regards
Bernd

Ben Rubinstein wrote
On 01/06/2015 21:20, BNig wrote:
> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a railwayclock
> type of clock would be feasible.
>
> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous Swiss
> Railwayclock
>
> ------------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> ------------------------------------

Very nice.  But note that you don't want to get too close to the Swiss Railway
clock:
http://gizmodo.com/5959542/apples-swiped-swiss-clock-design-cost-21-million

Ben

Re: Clock

Roger Eller
Wow!  I'm 1 of 17.  I never dreamed I would be a part of such an elite
group of clock-face fans.  haha

~Roger

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:17 AM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> thank you, but don't worry
>
> from the link you have posted:
>
> >9to5Mac points out this equates roughly to a 10 cent take on each of the
> 210 million iOS 6 devices
>
> I have sent Swiss Railroad $ 1.70 to cover all the expected 17 users of the
> clock. And by that number I have a wide margin of safety :-)
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd
>

> Ben Rubinstein wrote
> > On 01/06/2015 21:20, BNig wrote:
> >> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a
> >> railwayclock
> >> type of clock would be feasible.
> >>
> >> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous
> >> Swiss
> >> Railwayclock
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------
> >> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> >> ------------------------------------
> >
> > Very nice.  But note that you don't want to get too close to the Swiss
> > Railway
> > clock:
> >
> http://gizmodo.com/5959542/apples-swiped-swiss-clock-design-cost-21-million
> >
> > Ben

Re: Clock

BNig
Roger, just wait for the Lord Eller watch...

Kind regards

Bernd

Roger Eller wrote
Wow!  I'm 1 of 17.  I never dreamed I would be a part of such an elite
group of clock-face fans.  haha

~Roger

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:17 AM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> thank you, but don't worry
>
> from the link you have posted:
>
> >9to5Mac points out this equates roughly to a 10 cent take on each of the
> 210 million iOS 6 devices
>
> I have sent Swiss Railroad $ 1.70 to cover all the expected 17 users of the
> clock. And by that number I have a wide margin of safety :-)
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd
>

> Ben Rubinstein wrote
> > On 01/06/2015 21:20, BNig wrote:
> >> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a
> >> railwayclock
> >> type of clock would be feasible.
> >>
> >> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous
> >> Swiss
> >> Railwayclock
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------
> >> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> >> ------------------------------------
> >
> > Very nice.  But note that you don't want to get too close to the Swiss
> > Railway
> > clock:
> >
> http://gizmodo.com/5959542/apples-swiped-swiss-clock-design-cost-21-million
> >
> > Ben

Re: Clock

BNig
Hi Roger,

here is the "Lord Eller"® clock faces...

Not like Lord Elgin, but also a bit off...

just some faces to test moving text.

http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/LordEllerWatch_0_1.livecode.zip

with these clock faces you will probably be the only one who uses them :) That's what I call exclusive.

If you want I can sign them.

Kind regards

Bernd

Roger Eller wrote
VERY nice!  Up for a challenge?  Try the Lord Elgin "windowed" style.

http://itsawindup.com/media/product-img/231b4cab7a31a7fbbc8b9cdb2050c23e/u1.jpg

https://d31wxntiwn0x96.cloudfront.net/rzgade/productimages/1748.jpg

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:20 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>

> thank you for testing my clock from rev-online on android.
>
> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/749/Clock
>
> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a
> railwayclock
> type of clock would be feasible.
>
> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous Swiss
> Railwayclock
>
> ------------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> ------------------------------------
>
> It is made entirely of graphics, resizable, and almost continuous movement
> of the second hand.
>
> It stops at the full minute to advance the minute hand.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernd
>

> Roger Eller wrote
> > Of course LiveCode clocks built for Android are great for running on
> > certain smart watches.  If the app is 240 x 240 pixels, or set to
> > auto-scale then it will work as a watch app.  My only wish would be that
> > we
> > could have official LC support for "Android Wear" watches.
> >
> > http://livecode1001.blogspot.com/2015/01/program-your-watch.html
> >
> > This watch is pre-android-wear, but instead comes with Android 4.4
> > (KitKat):
> >
> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/
> >
> > ~Roger

Re: Clock

Roger Eller
OMGosh!!!!!   Bernd - these are really awesome!  I will install to my watch
tonight.

~Roger

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:32 PM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> here is the "Lord Eller"® clock faces...
>
> Not like Lord Elgin, but also a bit off...
>
> just some faces to test moving text.

> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/LordEllerWatch_0_1.livecode.zip
>
> with these clock faces you will probably be the only one who uses them :)
> That's what I call exclusive.
>
> If you want I can sign them.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernd
>

> Roger Eller wrote
> > VERY nice!  Up for a challenge?  Try the Lord Elgin "windowed" style.
> >

> http://itsawindup.com/media/product-img/231b4cab7a31a7fbbc8b9cdb2050c23e/u1.jpg
> >
> > https://d31wxntiwn0x96.cloudfront.net/rzgade/productimages/1748.jpg
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:20 PM, BNig &lt;
>
> > bernd.niggemann@
>
> > &gt; wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Roger,
> >>

> >> thank you for testing my clock from rev-online on android.
> >>
> >> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/749/Clock
> >>
> >> Incidentally Rolf Kocherhans from Switzerland has asked me if a
> >> railwayclock
> >> type of clock would be feasible.
> >>
> >> I gave it a try and here it is. Almost but not quite like the famous
> >> Swiss
> >> Railwayclock
> >>
> >> ------------------------------------
> >> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/railwayclock/railwayclock.livecode.zip
> >> ------------------------------------
> >>
> >> It is made entirely of graphics, resizable, and almost continuous
> >> movement
> >> of the second hand.
> >>
> >> It stops at the full minute to advance the minute hand.
> >>
> >> Kind regards
> >>
> >> Bernd
> >>

> >> Roger Eller wrote
> >> that

> http://www.amazon.com/Z-Watch-Bluetooth-802-11b-Android-Devices/dp/B00KV9LZVS/

Re: Clock

BNig
Thanks Roger,

as all exclusive watches they are "hand made", a bit tricky to adapt.

I just wanted to tweak my scrollers to work as watch-faces in remote-control mode. So I only adapted what was needed to make them run. (by the way you can scroll the hour / minute / second field.)
What was to be a quick tweak turned out to be a longer debugging session in LC 7.0.5 because 7.0.5 did not like some stuff. At least I learned a lot. In final testing it turned out that the 5.5 format of the stack was not compatible with 6.5.5, crash on save. Intermediate saving via 6.7.3 restored savability in 6.6.5.
I guess Edinburgh is weaning us off from pre 6.7.5 / 7.0.5 stuff. :) Maybe this helps someone in a similar situation.

Kind regards
Bernd

Roger Eller wrote

12