Cmi5 eLearning Standard in LiveCode

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Roger,

I haven’t done anything with CMI5, yet.

I have been running a project during the FREE xAPI Cohorts, both the 2020 Spring & Fall sessions, where we’ve used LiveCode Comunity to send xAPI statements from input received via a MakeyMakey board to an LRS.

The LiveCode for this project is available as a GitHub download, and is usable by LiveCode Community. There are JavaScript libraries that I would like to make available internal to the stack, guidance on internalizing the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript would be appreciated.

The next xAPI Cohort begins February 4th, the live sessions are Thursdays at 2 PM Eastern, and the signup is at: https://xapicohort.com/

Anyone who would like to learn about using LiveCode for xAPI, online learning and assessing training events is invited to join. Once you register for the xAPI Cohort, you will receive information on joining the xAPI Cohort Slack channel, and you should look for the #Discuss-Dev-LiveCode sub group to join, say hello, or reach out to me via slack.

If you like, we could look at building a CMI5 project in LiveCode as a getting started effort.

Sent from my iPad,
Brian Duck

Re: Cmi5 eLearning Standard in LiveCode

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi Brian, that sounds interesting. I signed up for the cohort. Would like to know what you are thinking of doing with Livecode for this? Maybe we could have a Zoom before hand?
On 11 Jan 2021, 03:22 +0000, Brian K. Duck via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Roger,
>
> I haven’t done anything with CMI5, yet.
>
> I have been running a project during the FREE xAPI Cohorts, both the 2020 Spring & Fall sessions, where we’ve used LiveCode Comunity to send xAPI statements from input received via a MakeyMakey board to an LRS.
>
> The LiveCode for this project is available as a GitHub download, and is usable by LiveCode Community. There are JavaScript libraries that I would like to make available internal to the stack, guidance on internalizing the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript would be appreciated.
>
> The next xAPI Cohort begins February 4th, the live sessions are Thursdays at 2 PM Eastern, and the signup is at: https://xapicohort.com/
>
> Anyone who would like to learn about using LiveCode for xAPI, online learning and assessing training events is invited to join. Once you register for the xAPI Cohort, you will receive information on joining the xAPI Cohort Slack channel, and you should look for the #Discuss-Dev-LiveCode sub group to join, say hello, or reach out to me via slack.
>
> If you like, we could look at building a CMI5 project in LiveCode as a getting started effort.
>
> Sent from my iPad,
> Brian Duck

Re: Cmi5 eLearning Standard in LiveCode

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
New to xAPI and very interested so yes please, signed up.

regards
alex

On 11/1/21 1:21 pm, Brian K. Duck via use-livecode wrote:

> Roger,
>
> I haven’t done anything with CMI5, yet.
>
> I have been running a project during the FREE xAPI Cohorts, both the 2020 Spring & Fall sessions, where we’ve used LiveCode Comunity to send xAPI statements from input received via a MakeyMakey board to an LRS.
>
> The LiveCode for this project is available as a GitHub download, and is usable by LiveCode Community. There are JavaScript libraries that I would like to make available internal to the stack, guidance on internalizing the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript would be appreciated.
>
> The next xAPI Cohort begins February 4th, the live sessions are Thursdays at 2 PM Eastern, and the signup is at: https://xapicohort.com/
>
> Anyone who would like to learn about using LiveCode for xAPI, online learning and assessing training events is invited to join. Once you register for the xAPI Cohort, you will receive information on joining the xAPI Cohort Slack channel, and you should look for the #Discuss-Dev-LiveCode sub group to join, say hello, or reach out to me via slack.
>
> If you like, we could look at building a CMI5 project in LiveCode as a getting started effort.
>
> Sent from my iPad,
> Brian Duck

Re: Cmi5 eLearning Standard in LiveCode

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi

Brian got me involved in the fall 2020 semester of the xAPI cohort.   I worked on a team that created a service to generate xAPI statements from a Zoom meeting using the Zoom API.   I learned a lot about the Zoom API, web hooks and xAPI statements.

I have already signed up for the spring 2021 semester.

I would like to have a Zoom call for LiveCoders interested in this initiative.

The xAPI Cohorts have as one of the main activities projects which are worked on by teams.  The projects are then presented at the end of the semester.
I joined Team Zoom last semester to work with people who were already involved in working with xAPI in diffferent capacities, programmers, education designers, educators to help be learn more about xAPI in general.  This did not have a LiveCode focus.

I worked with Brian’s team, Team MakeyMakey a bit on his project which had some focus on LiveCode.

One think I would like to see come out of this eventually is a LiveCode Library for generating xAPI statements and sending them to a Learning Record Store.  My ultimate goal is to have my application use such a library create such statements and integrate with a LRS and a LMS.   Possible projects would be a good topic for a pre semester Zoom meeting.

Martin Koob

> On Jan 11, 2021, at 7:25 AM, Alex Shaw via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> New to xAPI and very interested so yes please, signed up.
>
> regards
> alex
>
> On 11/1/21 1:21 pm, Brian K. Duck via use-livecode wrote:
>> Roger,
>>
>> I haven’t done anything with CMI5, yet.
>>
>> I have been running a project during the FREE xAPI Cohorts, both the 2020 Spring & Fall sessions, where we’ve used LiveCode Comunity to send xAPI statements from input received via a MakeyMakey board to an LRS.
>>
>> The LiveCode for this project is available as a GitHub download, and is usable by LiveCode Community. There are JavaScript libraries that I would like to make available internal to the stack, guidance on internalizing the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript would be appreciated.
>>
>> The next xAPI Cohort begins February 4th, the live sessions are Thursdays at 2 PM Eastern, and the signup is at: https://xapicohort.com/
>>
>> Anyone who would like to learn about using LiveCode for xAPI, online learning and assessing training events is invited to join. Once you register for the xAPI Cohort, you will receive information on joining the xAPI Cohort Slack channel, and you should look for the #Discuss-Dev-LiveCode sub group to join, say hello, or reach out to me via slack.
>>
>> If you like, we could look at building a CMI5 project in LiveCode as a getting started effort.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad,
>> Brian Duck

RE: Cmi5 eLearning Standard in LiveCode

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I am still trying to absorb the use of this platform to enhance my LiveCode experience. I fell totally ignorant about this platform and its benefits.
I am always interested in learning more information about things.

Sincerely,

Clarence Martin
Email: [hidden email]