Codesigning Windows standalones under Mac OS X - a simple and free gui for osslsigncode

Codesigning Windows standalones under Mac OS X - a simple and free gui for osslsigncode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi,

a few days ago i posted some instructions for how to code sign Windows programs under Mac OS X with osslsigncode. Unfortunately osslsigncode must be run from shell and signing more than 1 at a time might be complicated.

Therefore i´ve created a free little tool called WinSignHelper, which is  a simple gui for osslsigncode. Just drag a folder containing your Windows standalone to the program window of WinSignHelper and it does the rest for you. It scans the folder and its subfolders for .exe and .dll files and creates and executes the needed shell commands.
You´ll need a version of osslsigncode installed on your Mac. Instructions how to install osslsigncode can be found in the help of WinSignHelper.
WinSignHelper supports SHA1, SHA256 and dual signatures (SHA1 and SHA256) signatures.

You´ll find more information about WinSignHelper at https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>.

Hope it´s useful for the one or the other of the list. Please read the quickstart guide before using it. You’ll find the quickstart guide at https://support.dermattes.de/winsignhelper <https://support.dermattes.de/winsignhelper> or in the help section of WinSignHelper

Regards,

Matthias

Re: Codesigning Windows standalones under Mac OS X - a simple and free gui for osslsigncode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Very useful, thanks Matthias!

Bob S

> On Mar 25, 2018, at 02:22 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> a few days ago i posted some instructions for how to code sign Windows programs under Mac OS X with osslsigncode. Unfortunately osslsigncode must be run from shell and signing more than 1 at a time might be complicated.
>
> Therefore i´ve created a free little tool called WinSignHelper, which is  a simple gui for osslsigncode. Just drag a folder containing your Windows standalone to the program window of WinSignHelper and it does the rest for you. It scans the folder and its subfolders for .exe and .dll files and creates and executes the needed shell commands.
> You´ll need a version of osslsigncode installed on your Mac. Instructions how to install osslsigncode can be found in the help of WinSignHelper.
> WinSignHelper supports SHA1, SHA256 and dual signatures (SHA1 and SHA256) signatures.
>
> You´ll find more information about WinSignHelper at https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>.
>
> Hope it´s useful for the one or the other of the list. Please read the quickstart guide before using it. You’ll find the quickstart guide at https://support.dermattes.de/winsignhelper <https://support.dermattes.de/winsignhelper> or in the help section of WinSignHelper
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: Codesigning Windows standalones under Mac OS X - a simple and free gui for osslsigncode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I've passed this info on to my client who has a Windows cert, she's very
happy about it. And she is going to test the original Windows app you
created too, she just hasn't got to it yet.

Thanks for your work on this Matthias, it's a very nice addition to our
LC toolbox.