Codesigning a Mac desktop version

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I am not sure which parts we need to sign. Is it just the app bundle, the zipped file, plugins within the app bundle?

If anyone has done this, which parts do you sign to avoid warnings from the gatekeeper?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Codesigning a Mac desktop version

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I tried using Trevor Devore' codesigning stack, which is a very nice contribution to the community. I am getting a complaint about unsealed contents present in the bundle root.

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 3:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I am not sure which parts we need to sign. Is it just the app bundle, the zipped file, plugins within the app bundle?
>
> If anyone has done this, which parts do you sign to avoid warnings from the gatekeeper?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sent from my iPhone

AW: Codesigning a Mac desktop version

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I am not sure if it was this message, but sometimes I have to codesign the
same bundle twice until it works. Trevors tool has a recursion, to sign all
bundles, which are perhaps included in your bundle, but sometimes it "feels"
(I don't know exactly what happens), like this recursion doesn't digs deep
enough the first time, but reaches all content the second time.
Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
I tried using Trevor Devore' codesigning stack, which is a very nice
contribution to the community. I am getting a complaint about unsealed
contents present in the bundle root.

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 3:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I am not sure which parts we need to sign. Is it just the app bundle, the
zipped file, plugins within the app bundle?

> If anyone has done this, which parts do you sign to avoid warnings from
the gatekeeper?

> Thanks,
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: AW: Codesigning a Mac desktop version

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I tried running it again, but same result

The file it has an issue with is the core unix executable. That means something in my app is offending the codesigning terminal app, but it does not tell me what.

I don't even know if it is my controls or the engine.

I could probably figure it out with many hours of testing...

Sigh

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 4:54 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am not sure if it was this message, but sometimes I have to codesign the
> same bundle twice until it works. Trevors tool has a recursion, to sign all
> bundles, which are perhaps included in your bundle, but sometimes it "feels"
> (I don't know exactly what happens), like this recursion doesn't digs deep
> enough the first time, but reaches all content the second time.
> Tiemo
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 3:16 AM Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried using Trevor Devore' codesigning stack, which is a very nice
> contribution to the community. I am getting a complaint about unsealed
> contents present in the bundle root.
>
> Does anyone know what the issue is?

Look around in bundles for any manifest.xml files. If you find any delete
them. I know I've seen problems with manifest files included in LC
externals in the past.

--
Trevor DeVore

Re: Codesigning a Mac desktop version