Color a graphic on a datagrid

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Color a graphic on a datagrid

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hello,

I want to do something similar to http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7332-how-can-i-colorize-individual-lines-in-a-table

but i want to « automatically » change the color of a graphic (in col 1) in a row only when there is some data in this row (in col 10). I can't get the value of my cell (col 10) to test it and modify the color of the graphic in col 1.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color a graphic on a datagrid

Clarence Martin via use-livecode

> Le 2 mars 2018 à 17:24, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to do something similar to http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7332-how-can-i-colorize-individual-lines-in-a-table
>
> but i want to « automatically » change the color of a graphic (in col 1) in a row only when there is some data in this row (in col 10). I can't get the value of my cell (col 10) to test it and modify the color of the graphic in col 1.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks !

I use a workaround : put the value in a hidden field of the same column of the graphic


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color a graphic on a datagrid

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Not sure if Datagrid Helper can do this. Conditional formatting of a datagrid may only be possible with forms, not tables.

Bob S


> On Mar 2, 2018, at 10:05 , Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 2 mars 2018 à 17:24, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to do something similar to http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7332-how-can-i-colorize-individual-lines-in-a-table
>>
>> but i want to « automatically » change the color of a graphic (in col 1) in a row only when there is some data in this row (in col 10). I can't get the value of my cell (col 10) to test it and modify the color of the graphic in col 1.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Thanks !
>
> I use a workaround : put the value in a hidden field of the same column of the graphic

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color a graphic on a datagrid

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
We have nothing helpful for accomplishing that in DGH. But having a
look to the ColumnControlOfIndex function in the datagrid API could be
helpful:
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7344-data-grid-api

We have shared a stack demonstrating the usage of this function some
years ago. I just republished it here:
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/4-lab

The name of the stack is "dg interaction with a column control" and
the purpose was to change the background color of column 2 when one is
changing a value in column 3 by choosing a color inside a popup menu.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:54 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure if Datagrid Helper can do this. Conditional formatting of a datagrid may only be possible with forms, not tables.
>
> Bob S
>
>
>> On Mar 2, 2018, at 10:05 , Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Le 2 mars 2018 à 17:24, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to do something similar to http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7332-how-can-i-colorize-individual-lines-in-a-table
>>>
>>> but i want to « automatically » change the color of a graphic (in col 1) in a row only when there is some data in this row (in col 10). I can't get the value of my cell (col 10) to test it and modify the color of the graphic in col 1.
>>>
>>> Any ideas ?
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>
>> I use a workaround : put the value in a hidden field of the same column of the graphic
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode



--
Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color a graphic on a datagrid

Clarence Martin via use-livecode

> Le 3 mars 2018 à 00:27, zryip theSlug via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> We have nothing helpful for accomplishing that in DGH. But having a
> look to the ColumnControlOfIndex function in the datagrid API could be
> helpful:
> http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid/l/7344-data-grid-api
>
> We have shared a stack demonstrating the usage of this function some
> years ago. I just republished it here:
> http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/4-lab
>
> The name of the stack is "dg interaction with a column control" and
> the purpose was to change the background color of column 2 when one is
> changing a value in column 3 by choosing a color inside a popup menu.

Thanks.

Ludovic
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode