Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

William de Smet-2
Hi there all,

Can anyone give me a clue on how the color cursors work in the coming update
4.5?
On what platforms will it be supported?

Now I use  'set cursor to hand' a lot.
Will this be colored too?

Thanks!

greetings,

William
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

zryip theSlug
2010/3/9 William de Smet <[hidden email]>:
> Hi there all,
>
> Can anyone give me a clue on how the color cursors work in the coming update
> 4.5?
> On what platforms will it be supported?
>
> Now I use  'set cursor to hand' a lot.
> Will this be colored too?

Hi William,

Here is the quick runrev note about this feature:

Cursor support has been improved. Cursors can now be set from any
image, and the engine will process it appropriately depending on the
platform:
- Windows XP and above support full alpha-blended cursors up to 64x64
- Linux supports alpha blended cursors up to a size of 64x64 on recent X servers
- Mac OS X supports alpha blended cursors up to 256x256.
The engine will automatically scale down, or reduce the number of
colors if it needs to do so for the cursor to be usable on the running
system.


Regards,

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

Richmond Mathewson-2
  On 09/03/2010 21:25, zryip theSlug wrote:
> 2010/3/9 William de Smet<[hidden email]>:
>> <snip>
>> coming update
>> 4.5?
>> <snip>
Yum! When?
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

Stephen Barncard-4
this is NDA stuff, guys, not for the how-to list.
-------------------------
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev


On 9 March 2010 11:57, Richmond Mathewson <[hidden email]>wrote:

>  On 09/03/2010 21:25, zryip theSlug wrote:
>
>> 2010/3/9 William de Smet<[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>> coming update
>>> 4.5?
>>> <snip>
>>>
>> Yum! When?
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

barryb@libero.it
In reply to this post by William de Smet-2
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:58:57 -0800
Stephen Barncard  wrote:

>this is NDA stuff, guys, not for the how-to list.
------------
Recently  RunRev have been sending me repeated publicity containing the
following sentence.

"Color cursors will be displayed on all platforms where supported by the OS."

 I don't see that Zryp giving a bit more definition would let any cats out of
the bag.

Barry Barber

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

Richmond Mathewson-2
  On 10/03/2010 16:11, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:58:57 -0800
> Stephen Barncard  wrote:
>
>> this is NDA stuff, guys, not for the how-to list.
> ------------
> Recently  RunRev have been sending me repeated publicity containing the
> following sentence.
>
> "Color cursors will be displayed on all platforms where supported by the OS."
>
>   I don't see that Zryp giving a bit more definition would let any cats out of
> the bag.

Aaaah . . . so it's to do with cats . . .  :)   Miaow!

When I went to the Edinburgh conference last year I was required to sign
a NDA
at one 'closed' session I attended. Nothing at that meeting struck me as
"deadly
secret"; notwithstanding that, having signed the NDA, I have kept my mouth
tight shut about what went on there - not because it struck me as deadly
secret,
or that I would be wrecking RunRev's future plans, but because I signed
the document,
and in good clean conscience I couldn't break my word.

Watch out, Barry, you may get scratched by a cat!


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

zryip theSlug
In reply to this post by Stephen Barncard-4
2010/3/9 stephen barncard <[hidden email]>:
> this is NDA stuff, guys, not for the how-to list.

Ooops!

In fact I don't know.
Maybe there will be cursors or not. And even if, there will be very
small, shaped cat and they only work on oil platforms.

If you've read my previous post, forget it. Anyway, I'm a slug and I
plan to return to my garden in a flying saucer.

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

Stephen Barncard-4
Right, and you have a robot named Klaatu.
-------------------------
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev


On 10 March 2010 11:31, zryip theSlug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/3/9 stephen barncard <[hidden email]>:
> > this is NDA stuff, guys, not for the how-to list.
>
> Ooops!
>
> In fact I don't know.
> Maybe there will be cursors or not. And even if, there will be very
> small, shaped cat and they only work on oil platforms.
>
> If you've read my previous post, forget it. Anyway, I'm a slug and I
> plan to return to my garden in a flying saucer.
>
> --
> -Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
> http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Color cursors in RunRev 4.5?

zryip theSlug
2010/3/10 stephen barncard <[hidden email]>:
> Right, and you have a robot named Klaatu.

that's it.
If you were not sitting on my right in the cockpit I would say you
were spying on me!

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution