Community Coding Standards, Naming Conventions, Best Practice in LiveCode Script for community contribution work

Community Coding Standards, Naming Conventions, Best Practice in LiveCode Script for community contribution work

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Recently, Bernd Niggeman posted a stack that
displays LiveCode Dictionary content
in a different way.

Could Livecode Community Developers create a
"Wizard" plugin that check scripts and suggest
changes according to naming conventions?

Notice that already exists a plugin created by
Klaus Major that gather all scripts of a stack
and (on user request) save these scripts as
a text file... so this "Wizard" plugin only will
check these scripts and analize them to warn
developers and suggest recommended changes.

Al

Re: Community Coding Standards, Naming Conventions, Best Practice in LiveCode Script for community contribution work

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
i and j are about as far as I go with nested repeats.  Although sometimes I
further process the resulting tEmpList in yet another repeat loop.  It
helps me to follow my own code if I can produce a list with modifications,
and put tEmpList (into msg) before proceeding with more processing.
Personal preference.

I do like the idea of a script checker, with suggested ways to write it in
a "cleaner" way.  It would be very good for noobs who haven't yet formed
their own habits, good or bad.  There's always a better way, and sharing is
the BEST way to find it.

~Roger