Completely OT - flat earth

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
11 August 1999 - We went out on our (Honda) bikes to find THE SPOT.
It was somewhere North-East of Paris. The birds were so petrified, they
stopped singing - A once in a lifetime experience (next one here is far
enough away from today to not interest me, as I most definitely WILL
NOT be there !!!)
And for the second experience of a lifetime - LIVECODE ! All the way from
the eighties, through Hypercard, etc, and now my daily bread. Screw the
other languages (Google Go, iOS Swift, Hack, Rust, Julia, Scala, Dart). I
have what I need, and I'm too old to spend a year (or even more) on
investigating new languages, when LiveCode does what I want (and
more !)

I have my flat earth, and I will use Livecode to my last day ......

-Francis

AW: Completely OT - flat earth

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
:)

Re: Completely OT - flat earth

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
I was in the southwest of England that day. It was very dense cloud, so we didn’t see the sun at all. Here’s a time-lapse of what we saw:

https://www.facebook.com/colin.holgate.5/videos/10159330354275694/

> On Aug 22, 2017, at 5:03 AM, Francis Nugent Dixon via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> 11 August 1999 - We went out on our (Honda) bikes to find THE SPOT.
> It was somewhere North-East of Paris. The birds were so petrified, they
> stopped singing - A once in a lifetime experience (next one here is far
> enough away from today to not interest me, as I most definitely WILL
> NOT be there !!!)
> And for the second experience of a lifetime - LIVECODE ! All the way from
> the eighties, through Hypercard, etc, and now my daily bread. Screw the
> other languages (Google Go, iOS Swift, Hack, Rust, Julia, Scala, Dart). I
> have what I need, and I'm too old to spend a year (or even more) on
> investigating new languages, when LiveCode does what I want (and
> more !)
>
> I have my flat earth, and I will use Livecode to my last day ......
>
> -Francis

Re: Completely OT - flat earth

On 08/22/2017 06:25 AM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> I was in the southwest of England that day. It was very dense cloud, so we didn’t see the sun at all. Here’s a time-lapse of what we saw:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/colin.holgate.5/videos/10159330354275694/

That's pretty annoying.
Did you really post a one-second loop or did something mess up again?

Re: Completely OT - flat earth

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
It’s time-lapse. Can’t remember how many minutes it was over, but it wasn’t many pictures.

> On Aug 22, 2017, at 8:14 AM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 08/22/2017 06:25 AM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
>> I was in the southwest of England that day. It was very dense cloud, so we didn’t see the sun at all. Here’s a time-lapse of what we saw:
>> https://www.facebook.com/colin.holgate.5/videos/10159330354275694/
>
> That's pretty annoying.
> Did you really post a one-second loop or did something mess up again?
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: Completely OT - flat earth

On 08/22/2017 08:21 AM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> It’s time-lapse. Can’t remember how many minutes it was over, but it wasn’t many pictures.

Ah, OK. I think it's probably just Facebook that's annoying.
The video is only one second long, and FB keeps looping it.

Re: Completely OT - flat earth

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
I manually fixed each picture to make them match, more or less:

https://www.facebook.com/colin.holgate.5/videos/10159333252840694/

Re: Completely OT - flat earth

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 6:25 AM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was in the southwest of England that day. It was very dense cloud, so we
> didn’t see the sun at all. Here’s a time-lapse of what we saw:
>
> Same here:  very heavy cloud cover and thunderstorms in las vegas, so it
was too dark to see the eclipse :)

By the time the sun threatened to come through, there wasn't enough left to
be fascinating.

In an unrelated oddity, this siamese cat that adopted us took his
fascination with running water further, and watched out our screen door
until the thunderstorm was over . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462