Compress/Decompress Inclustion?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
In InfoWallet I store attachments as encrypted and compressed files on disk.

When I build InfoWallet in LiveCode 9.6.1 and attempt to decompress and decrypt the file, I get an error that the data is not compressed. The file is definitely compressed.

I’m manually selecting inclusions. Do I need to add compress and decompress as an Inclusion? If so, which Inclusion would it be?

Here is the error:
Executing at 2:45:53 PM on Saturday, October 3, 2020
Type: decompress: string is not compressed data
Object: button 'ViewA' of card 'Records' of stack 'Bill Vlahos.ifw'
Line: put decompress(vFile) into vFile
Line Num: 16
Hint: mouseUp

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos

Re: Compress/Decompress Inclustion?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
The last sentence in the dictionary for decompress/compress says
'The (de)compress function <> uses the zlib compression library.'

So i would say adding 'Revolution Zip" under inclusions should solve your problem.

Regards,
Matthias

-
Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code

> Am 07.10.2020 um 04:59 schrieb Bill Vlahos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> In InfoWallet I store attachments as encrypted and compressed files on disk.
>
> When I build InfoWallet in LiveCode 9.6.1 and attempt to decompress and decrypt the file, I get an error that the data is not compressed. The file is definitely compressed.
>
> I’m manually selecting inclusions. Do I need to add compress and decompress as an Inclusion? If so, which Inclusion would it be?
>
> Here is the error:
> Executing at 2:45:53 PM on Saturday, October 3, 2020
> Type: decompress: string is not compressed data
> Object: button 'ViewA' of card 'Records' of stack 'Bill Vlahos.ifw'
> Line: put decompress(vFile) into vFile
> Line Num: 16
> Hint: mouseUp
>

> Thanks,
> Bill Vlahos

Re: Compress/Decompress Inclustion?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Compression is part of the engine so you shouldn't need an inclusion. I've
seen this error before and usually it's because the string has been altered
in some way or wasn't compressed with LC or a compatible app.

Do you use binfile when retrieving the file from disk?

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
On October 6, 2020 10:02:00 PM Bill Vlahos via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> In InfoWallet I store attachments as encrypted and compressed files on disk.
>
> When I build InfoWallet in LiveCode 9.6.1 and attempt to decompress and
> decrypt the file, I get an error that the data is not compressed. The file
> is definitely compressed.
>
> I’m manually selecting inclusions. Do I need to add compress and decompress
> as an Inclusion? If so, which Inclusion would it be?
>
> Here is the error:
> Executing at 2:45:53 PM on Saturday, October 3, 2020
> Type: decompress: string is not compressed data
> Object: button 'ViewA' of card 'Records' of stack 'Bill Vlahos.ifw'
> Line: put decompress(vFile) into vFile
> Line Num: 16
> Hint: mouseUp
>

> Thanks,
> Bill Vlahos

Re: Compress/Decompress Inclustion?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Once I close and remove from memory my template stack, I still see File Selector in the Project Browser but nowhere else in the IDE so I’m not sure how to remove it.

Even though I don’t create a standalone, the checkboxes for Macintosh, Windows, and Linux were checked. I unchecked the boxes and saved the template stack but the File Selector stack still gets opened when I open my template stack even after I quit and restart LiveCode.

I figure something must be opening it or referencing it in my template stack but I can’t find it.

Regarding the original aim of this email thread…I’ve isolated the problem to encryption/decryption as done in early versions of LiveCode such as 4.6 and later version such as 9.6. Trying to decrypt files saved in early versions of LiveCode with a modern version of LiveCode fails and vice versa.

I made a support ticket to LiveCode support on this.

Thank you,
Bill