Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hi Folks,

I’m on a Mac with OS 10.14 and using LC 9.0.0 Indy, and I have the green square indication in LC prefs with SDK 11.2.

I can’t get the simulator to work with test target set to simulator 11.2. It simply takes too long to open and then crashes if I persist.

In fact, it seems to me that I’ve had this problem with the simulator not working in previous versions as well.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger

Re: Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Have you tried launching the simulator from Xcode first and after it is fully loaded then trying to test from LC?

Thanks,
Brian
On Oct 29, 2018, 9:48 PM -0500, Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I’m on a Mac with OS 10.14 and using LC 9.0.0 Indy, and I have the green square indication in LC prefs with SDK 11.2.
>
> I can’t get the simulator to work with test target set to simulator 11.2. It simply takes too long to open and then crashes if I persist.
>
> In fact, it seems to me that I’ve had this problem with the simulator not working in previous versions as well.
>
> Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Re: Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Thanks, Brian. I didn’t think of that previously, but I now find that it crashes in Xcode. So I guess the problem is there in Xcode, not in LC. Ratz!

Roger

> On Oct 29, 2018, at 8:13 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have you tried launching the simulator from Xcode first and after it is fully loaded then trying to test from LC?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
> On Oct 29, 2018, 9:48 PM -0500, Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I’m on a Mac with OS 10.14 and using LC 9.0.0 Indy, and I have the green square indication in LC prefs with SDK 11.2.
>>
>> I can’t get the simulator to work with test target set to simulator 11.2. It simply takes too long to open and then crashes if I persist.
>>
>> In fact, it seems to me that I’ve had this problem with the simulator not working in previous versions as well.
>>
>> Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roger

Re: Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hello all,

I recently had this problem. The simulator was crashing on startup, opened
either from Xcode or from LC. This terminal command fixed the problem for
me:

sudo killall -9 com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 7:31 AM Roger Guay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Brian. I didn’t think of that previously, but I now find that it
> crashes in Xcode. So I guess the problem is there in Xcode, not in LC. Ratz!
>
> Roger
>
> > On Oct 29, 2018, at 8:13 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried launching the simulator from Xcode first and after it is
> fully loaded then trying to test from LC?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brian
> > On Oct 29, 2018, 9:48 PM -0500, Roger Guay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>, wrote:
> >> Hi Folks,
> >>
> >> I’m on a Mac with OS 10.14 and using LC 9.0.0 Indy, and I have the
> green square indication in LC prefs with SDK 11.2.
> >>
> >> I can’t get the simulator to work with test target set to simulator
> 11.2. It simply takes too long to open and then crashes if I persist.
> >>
> >> In fact, it seems to me that I’ve had this problem with the simulator
> not working in previous versions as well.
> >>
> >> Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Roger

Re: Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Does the emulator itself not work?

Or does your app not run on the emulator?

You can either hit the test button to run it on an open emulator.

But you can also create a standalone on mac and drag the the standalone
file to the emulator (or was a real device) anyway can't remember but i
did drag it towards devices in Xcode

But your Provisioning Profile is OK?

Op 30-10-2018 om 03:47 schreef Roger Guay via use-livecode:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I’m on a Mac with OS 10.14 and using LC 9.0.0 Indy, and I have the green square indication in LC prefs with SDK 11.2.
>
> I can’t get the simulator to work with test target set to simulator 11.2. It simply takes too long to open and then crashes if I persist.
>
> In fact, it seems to me that I’ve had this problem with the simulator not working in previous versions as well.
>
> Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Re: Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode

> Am 30.10.2018 um 04:13 schrieb Brian Milby via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Have you tried launching the simulator from Xcode first and after it is fully loaded then trying to test from LC?

That´s how i am doing it, because pressing the test button in LC with the simulator not running produces here exact the same problems. First there are these notification messages that the simulator does not respond  or takes to long to start(or something like that - you all know that message) and i have to choose if want to continue. If i acknowledge to continue, then  the message appears after some time again and so on.

When i press the button to not continue, the simulator hangs. At least it does not respond for a very long time. I have to use the activity monitor to quit  the simulator.

If i open the simulator first and wait until the iOS device is started completely, then i can test the LC app without a problem.

Unfortunately i very often forget to start the simulator first and and that then takes time i could use more useful.

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
https://instamaker.dermattes.de
https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de

Re: Continual iOS Simulator Problems

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
I’m sorry for not replying sooner, but yes, it was the simulator that was not working. I did as others suggested, open the simulator in Xcode and run from there with no problem.

Thanks for your help!

Roger