ControlHandles_v100

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
ControlHandles_v100 (LC Script stack)

is a group of handles (polygon and graphics) that essentialy
work, in browse mode, like the object handles in pointer mode.

The demo stack needs LC 8 or 9 because of contained widgets.
(linux users: there are also 2 browser widgets in there).

The copied button for use in your own stack will work on
LC 6/7/8/9 on Mac/Win/linux.

It is all in one menu button by which you include/exclude
which controls are selectable as target. The rest is done
by the button.

This works for ALL LC controls **especially for ALL widgets**,
also those that don't pass any mouse event.

(Use a monospaced font)
###############################
#              9              #
#              |              #
#       1 ---- 2 ---- 3       #
#       |             |       #
# 12 -- 8             4 -- 10 #
#       |             |       #
#       7 ---- 6 ---- 5       #
#              |              #
#             11              #
###############################
CLICK ACTIONS
1,3,5,7: Resize
_+Shift: Resize proportionally
2,6: Height
4,8: Width
9,10,11,12: Grab
_+Cmd or RightClick: Hide Poly
_+Shift: Hide control and Poly

Download from "Sample Stacks"
or
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/download/stack/902

Re: ControlHandles_v100

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Sorry, the correct link is

http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/902/

When an Absolute Path is Not So Absolute

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
FYI

I'm caching downloaded documents in an iOS app. I was storing the
path/filename in a local db and checking in subsequent launches to see if
the document needed a download. A demo went horribly wrong when we had no
network access. I downloaded all the documents THEN did a small app fix and
off we went to the demo. Little did I realize that the UUID in the path
changes with every app update. So when the app did a==> "there is a
file(stored path and filename)" returned false even though the document was
on the device. Solution: store only the file name in the db and recreate the
path at run time before verifying the file's existence.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services