Correct use of string A 'is in' string B?

Correct use of string A 'is in' string B?

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hi folks,
Am I misreading the docs and abusing the 'is in' logic or syntax here...?

In my test case, the browser widget URL takes the form (truncated) https://somewhere.com/callback.lc#access_token=0123456789&...

This is visible in the field "ResponseURL" but the if statement is not firing.

Is this a syntax or logic error on my part?
on browserNavigateComplete

get the URL of widget "Browser"
put it into field "ResponseURL"

# Update Access Token

put it into tURL

if "access_code" is in tURL then

put tURL

do UpdateAccessToken(tURL)

end if

get the HTMLText of widget "Browser"

put it into field "Content"

end browserNavigateComplete

BTW I've also tried the inverse if 'tURL contains 'access_code"

Thanks & regards,
Keith

Re: Correct use of string A 'is in' string B?

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
In the url itself you use access_token but in your search you use access_code. May this be the reason for your problems?

Best regards
Tore Nilsen

> 14. okt. 2020 kl. 13:00 skrev Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi folks,
> Am I misreading the docs and abusing the 'is in' logic or syntax here...?
>
> In my test case, the browser widget URL takes the form (truncated) https://somewhere.com/callback.lc#access_token=0123456789&...
>
> This is visible in the field "ResponseURL" but the if statement is not firing.
>
> Is this a syntax or logic error on my part?
> on browserNavigateComplete
>
> get the URL of widget "Browser"
> put it into field "ResponseURL"
>
> # Update Access Token
>
> put it into tURL
>
> if "access_code" is in tURL then
>
> put tURL
>
> do UpdateAccessToken(tURL)
>
> end if
>
> get the HTMLText of widget "Browser"
>
> put it into field "Content"
>
> end browserNavigateComplete
>
> BTW I've also tried the inverse if 'tURL contains 'access_code"
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Keith

Re: Correct use of string A 'is in' string B?

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Oh, dear - that's embarrassing! Thanks Tore - time to take a break and check for updates on my eyeball firmware! :-D
Best,
Keith

> On 14 Oct 2020, at 12:04, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the url itself you use access_token but in your search you use access_code. May this be the reason for your problems?
>
> Best regards
> Tore Nilsen
>
>> 14. okt. 2020 kl. 13:00 skrev Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>> Am I misreading the docs and abusing the 'is in' logic or syntax here...?
>>
>> In my test case, the browser widget URL takes the form (truncated) https://somewhere.com/callback.lc#access_token=0123456789&...
>>
>> This is visible in the field "ResponseURL" but the if statement is not firing.
>>
>> Is this a syntax or logic error on my part?
>> on browserNavigateComplete
>>
>> get the URL of widget "Browser"
>> put it into field "ResponseURL"
>>
>> # Update Access Token
>>
>> put it into tURL
>>
>> if "access_code" is in tURL then
>>
>> put tURL
>>
>> do UpdateAccessToken(tURL)
>>
>> end if
>>
>> get the HTMLText of widget "Browser"
>>
>> put it into field "Content"
>>
>> end browserNavigateComplete
>>
>> BTW I've also tried the inverse if 'tURL contains 'access_code"
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>> Keith

Re: Correct use of string A 'is in' string B?

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
You should not be to embarrassed. There is a particular reason why I spotted this. I think we have all been there at one time or another.

Best regards
Tore

> 14. okt. 2020 kl. 13:22 skrev Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Oh, dear - that's embarrassing! Thanks Tore - time to take a break and check for updates on my eyeball firmware! :-D
> Best,
> Keith
>
>> On 14 Oct 2020, at 12:04, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In the url itself you use access_token but in your search you use access_code. May this be the reason for your problems?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Tore Nilsen
>>
>>> 14. okt. 2020 kl. 13:00 skrev Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>> Am I misreading the docs and abusing the 'is in' logic or syntax here...?
>>>
>>> In my test case, the browser widget URL takes the form (truncated) https://somewhere.com/callback.lc#access_token=0123456789&...
>>>
>>> This is visible in the field "ResponseURL" but the if statement is not firing.
>>>
>>> Is this a syntax or logic error on my part?
>>> on browserNavigateComplete
>>>
>>> get the URL of widget "Browser"
>>> put it into field "ResponseURL"
>>>
>>> # Update Access Token
>>>
>>> put it into tURL
>>>
>>> if "access_code" is in tURL then
>>>
>>> put tURL
>>>
>>> do UpdateAccessToken(tURL)
>>>
>>> end if
>>>
>>> get the HTMLText of widget "Browser"
>>>
>>> put it into field "Content"
>>>
>>> end browserNavigateComplete
>>>
>>> BTW I've also tried the inverse if 'tURL contains 'access_code"
>>>
>>> Thanks & regards,
>>> Keith

Re: Correct use of string A 'is in' string B?

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Indeed. The joy of web services integration projects - sometimes there are more standards and variations of words than characters in a crime drama! :)
Best,
Keith