Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi.

please excuse, if this post should arrive twice in your inbox But i sent this message already about 6 hrs ago to this list and it did not arrive here or in the online list archive.

So i am trying again.

I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The screen where the stack is placed after opening.

Is there a way to do this in livecode?

Regards,

Matthias

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Bob Sneidar-2
I bet that would play holy hell with the new graphics engine.

Bob S

> On Feb 13, 2015, at 16:37 , Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> please excuse, if this post should arrive twice in your inbox But i sent this message already about 6 hrs ago to this list and it did not arrive here or in the online list archive.
>
> So i am trying again.
>

> I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The screen where the stack is placed after opening.
>
> Is there a way to do this in livecode?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Paul Dupuis
On 2/13/2015 7:37 PM, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D wrote:

> Hi.
>
> please excuse, if this post should arrive twice in your inbox But i sent this message already about 6 hrs ago to this list and it did not arrive here or in the online list archive.
>
> So i am trying again.
>

> I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The screen where the stack is placed after opening.
>
> Is there a way to do this in livecode?

See the screenrects in the dictionary. Get the screenRects for the 2
displays, figure the contiguous coordinates of the combined area and
then set the rect of your stack to that.

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Trevor DeVore
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Paul Dupuis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/13/2015 7:37 PM, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a
> stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The
> screen where the stack is placed after opening.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this in livecode?
> >

> See the screenrects in the dictionary. Get the screenRects for the 2
> displays, figure the contiguous coordinates of the combined area and
> then set the rect of your stack to that.

You'll want to consider creating a stack for each line (screen) in the
screenrects. On newer versions of OS X, each monitor can be a unique space
and a window can't span multiple monitors.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Phil Davis-5
And screens can be different sizes. That's the setup I have - my main
one is 2560x1440, the other is 1680x1050. They display a single
continuous desktop space. When I get "the screenRects" I find that the
top and bottom of the smaller display are NOT 0 and 1050! They are 246
and 1296 - it is center-aligned with the larger screen.

Phil

On 2/13/15 8:56 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Paul Dupuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2/13/2015 7:37 PM, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D wrote:
>>> I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a
>> stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The
>> screen where the stack is placed after opening.
>>> Is there a way to do this in livecode?
>>>
>> See the screenrects in the dictionary. Get the screenRects for the 2
>> displays, figure the contiguous coordinates of the combined area and
>> then set the rect of your stack to that.
>
> You'll want to consider creating a stack for each line (screen) in the
> screenrects. On newer versions of OS X, each monitor can be a unique space
> and a window can't span multiple monitors.

--
Phil Davis

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Walt Brown
Look at the "screenRects". It gives you the dimensions of all screens in
use, one per line. The top left corner of your main screen is 0,0. Moving
to the right and down the numbers increase, while moving above and to the
left the numbers decrease as negative numbers. With that you can calculate
the rectangle encompassing both screens and it's center location and set
your stack to that.
Walt

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> please excuse, if this post should arrive twice in your inbox But i sent
> this message already about 6 hrs ago to this list and it did not arrive
> here or in the online list archive.
>
> So i am trying again.
>

> I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a
> stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The
> screen where the stack is placed after opening.
>
> Is there a way to do this in livecode?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Walt Brown
Sorry, my new email client only showed me the first post...

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Trevor DeVore <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Paul Dupuis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2/13/2015 7:37 PM, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D wrote:
> > >
> > > I am looking for a way to cover the whole dual screen desktop with a
> > stack. Setting the fullscreen mode only works on the „active“ screen. The
> > screen where the stack is placed after opening.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to do this in livecode?
> > >

> > See the screenrects in the dictionary. Get the screenRects for the 2
> > displays, figure the contiguous coordinates of the combined area and
> > then set the rect of your stack to that.
>

> You'll want to consider creating a stack for each line (screen) in the
> screenrects. On newer versions of OS X, each monitor can be a unique space
> and a window can't span multiple monitors.
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> ScreenSteps
> www.screensteps.com    -    www.clarify-it.com

Re: Cover the complete dual screen desktop with a stack?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi,

and thanks to all. You put me in the right direction…

Matthias