Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Create mySQL database structure from Rev

JosepM
Hi Folks,

I need to create and backup mySQL database from Rev. I have created the database, so only I need to run the schema, but I have no clear what can be the best solution for.

Any experience?

Salut,
Josep

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Stephen Barncard-4
A schema dump is built in to MySQL:
assuming you are connected to the database, use this mysql call

desc <tablename>;

a data dump would need to be accomplished by scripting.

On 31 May 2010 11:35, JosepM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I need to create and backup mySQL database from Rev. I have created the
> database, so only I need to run the schema, but I have no clear what can be
> the best solution for.
>
> Any experience?
>
> Salut,
> Josep

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

JosepM
Hi,

I try this but no result.

mysqldump --opt myDB > backupDB.sql

Sorry but I don't see how to dump the data by scripting.

Salut,
Josep

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Sarah Reichelt-2
> I try this but no result.
>
> mysqldump --opt myDB > backupDB.sql

I have used a shell call to the mysqldump command and that worked fine.

Cheers,
Sarah

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

JosepM
Hi Sarah,

But my mySQL is remote and I don't have installed a local mySQL..

Salut,
Josep M.

El 01/06/2010, a las 1:34, Sarah Reichelt-2 [via Runtime Revolution] escribió:

> I try this but no result.
>
> mysqldump --opt myDB > backupDB.sql

I have used a shell call to the mysqldump command and that worked fine.

Cheers,
Sarah

View message @ http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Create-mySQL-database-structure-from-Rev-tp2237715p2237903.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev, click here.

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Sarah Reichelt-2
Ahh, in that case, I don't know, unless you can run a script on the
server to run the server's install of mysqldump.

Sarah

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:36 AM, JosepM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
>
> But my mySQL is remote and I don't have installed a local mySQL..
>

> Salut,
> Josep M.
>
> El 01/06/2010, a las 1:34, Sarah Reichelt-2 [via Runtime Revolution]
> escribió:
>
>> > I try this but no result.
>> >
>> > mysqldump --opt myDB > backupDB.sql
>>
>> I have used a shell call to the mysqldump command and that worked
>> fine.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah
>>

>> View message @ http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Create-mySQL-database-structure-from-Rev-tp2237715p2237903.html
>> To unsubscribe from Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev,
>> click here.

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Josh Mellicker
I would ssh into your server and use mysqlhotcopy.

On May 31, 2010, at 4:36 PM, JosepM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
>
> But my mySQL is remote and I don't have installed a local mySQL..
>

> Salut,
> Josep M.
>
> El 01/06/2010, a las 1:34, Sarah Reichelt-2 [via Runtime Revolution]
> escribió:
>
>>> I try this but no result.
>>>
>>> mysqldump --opt myDB > backupDB.sql
>>
>> I have used a shell call to the mysqldump command and that worked
>> fine.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah
>>

>> View message @ http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Create-mySQL-database-structure-from-Rev-tp2237715p2237903.html
>> To unsubscribe from Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev,
>> click here.

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Stephen Barncard-4
If one just needs the schema try this command:

*show create table*

after opening the database

this will return data like this

2004_INV CREATE TABLE `2004_INV` (

  `ID` int(11) NOT NULL,

  `DATE_CREATE` date NOT NULL,

  `DATE_CHANGE` date NOT NULL,

  `BRIEF_DESC` varchar(255) NOT NULL,

  `DESCRIPTION` varchar(255) NOT NULL,

  `CATEGORY` varchar(255) NOT NULL,

  `CURRENT_LOC` varchar(255) NOT NULL

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

remove the tablename ( in this case "2004_INV" ) and you have ready to run
'table creator' code for the table

Re: Create mySQL database structure from Rev

slylabs13
This is exactly what I am working on, more for importing a foreign database that backing up, but it could be used for both. Unfortunately I am in the early alpha stages, so I don't have much to offer you, except that I have a card where you enter the connection information for 2 databases, which then connects to them and reads the database schema. After that there are 2 phases: Table links and column links. Once you set those up, you click the go button and it will import just the tables and columns you selected from the second database into the first.

One of the features is that it will add tables and columns that do not already exist in the first database for you. Very handy. But as I said I am writing it really as an import/merge from a Spiceworks database so I can get all the devices collected by Spiceworks networks scanner into my own database where I can handle software licenses and other resources associated with the device the way I want them handled.

Still, the techniques I use are very much along the lines of what you describe.

Bob