Quantcast

Creating apps directly on mobile devices

Creating apps directly on mobile devices

Before my Ubuntu Linux computer stopped working,
I had created an Android APK with two buttons
and a single field.
The first button only opens any stack named
"test.livecode" from Android's document
folder.

The second button script's is:

on mouseup
 do field 1
end mouseup

Could you run an iOS app with
only these two features?

Al

Re: Creating apps directly on mobile devices

I certainly think so - not sure if Apple would balk since they don't like apps to import code, but I think there are some iOS development apps made for iOS, so maybe not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 29, 2017, at 5:19 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Before my Ubuntu Linux computer stopped working,
> I had created an Android APK with two buttons
> and a single field.
> The first button only opens any stack named
> "test.livecode" from Android's document
> folder.
>
> The second button script's is:
>
> on mouseup
> do field 1
> end mouseup
>
> Could you run an iOS app with
> only these two features?
>
> Al

Re: Creating apps directly on mobile devices

Apps like Pythonista?
http://omz-software.com/pythonista/

Al

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I certainly think so - not sure if Apple would balk since they don't like
> apps to import code, but I think there are some iOS development apps made
> for iOS, so maybe not an issue.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Apr 29, 2017, at 5:19 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Before my Ubuntu Linux computer stopped working,
> > I had created an Android APK with two buttons
> > and a single field.
> > The first button only opens any stack named
> > "test.livecode" from Android's document
> > folder.
> >
> > The second button script's is:
> >
> > on mouseup
> > do field 1
> > end mouseup
> >
> > Could you run an iOS app with
> > only these two features?
> >
> > Al

Re: Creating apps directly on mobile devices

Yes!

If they can have that, why couldn't we have LiveCodeMobileDev or something like that?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 29, 2017, at 6:51 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Apps like Pythonista?
> http://omz-software.com/pythonista/
>
> Al
>
>> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I certainly think so - not sure if Apple would balk since they don't like apps to import code, but I think there are some iOS development apps made for iOS, so maybe not an issue.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Apr 29, 2017, at 5:19 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Before my Ubuntu Linux computer stopped working,
>> > I had created an Android APK with two buttons
>> > and a single field.
>> > The first button only opens any stack named
>> > "test.livecode" from Android's document
>> > folder.
>> >
>> > The second button script's is:
>> >
>> > on mouseup
>> > do field 1
>> > end mouseup
>> >
>> > Could you run an iOS app with
>> > only these two features?
>> >
>> > Al

Re: Creating apps directly on mobile devices

In other message threads, I have asked about a
LiveCode Features Demo for mobile platforms.

This APP/APK Demo would allows to test
interactively every LiveCode Feature in that
platform.

But this program still do not exists...

Al

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 7:02 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes!
>
> If they can have that, why couldn't we have LiveCodeMobileDev or something
> like that?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 29, 2017, at 6:51 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Apps like Pythonista?
> http://omz-software.com/pythonista/
>
> Al
>
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I certainly think so - not sure if Apple would balk since they don't like
>> apps to import code, but I think there are some iOS development apps made
>> for iOS, so maybe not an issue.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Apr 29, 2017, at 5:19 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Before my Ubuntu Linux computer stopped working,
>> > I had created an Android APK with two buttons
>> > and a single field.
>> > The first button only opens any stack named
>> > "test.livecode" from Android's document
>> > folder.
>> >
>> > The second button script's is:
>> >
>> > on mouseup
>> > do field 1
>> > end mouseup
>> >
>> > Could you run an iOS app with
>> > only these two features?
>> >
>> > Al

Re: Creating apps directly on mobile devices

Build it and they will come... er, download it.  :)

On Apr 29, 2017 7:25 PM, "Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> In other message threads, I have asked about a
> LiveCode Features Demo for mobile platforms.
>
> This APP/APK Demo would allows to test
> interactively every LiveCode Feature in that
> platform.
>
> But this program still do not exists...
>
> Al
>
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 7:02 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Yes!
> >
> > If they can have that, why couldn't we have LiveCodeMobileDev or
> something
> > like that?
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Apr 29, 2017, at 6:51 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Apps like Pythonista?
> > http://omz-software.com/pythonista/
> >
> > Al
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I certainly think so - not sure if Apple would balk since they don't
> like
> >> apps to import code, but I think there are some iOS development apps
> made
> >> for iOS, so maybe not an issue.
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Creating apps directly on mobile devices

One of the LC guys was messing around with this a couple years ago, and
posted about it on the blog.  I have been able to do lots of useful things,
including editing scripts, on mobile.  I would be willing to bet that you
can have all sorts of fun if you set your mind to it on a 13" tablet...

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."