Cross-platform app containers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Cross-platform app containers

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Y'all might wanna checkout Droplet Computing. This would let me run my Mac
or Windows apps on a ChromeBook easily!
http://www.dropletcom.com/waitlist?ref=pKOcqQ
Best, Jerry 512-698-6286
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Cross-platform app containers

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hi Jerry,

This looks interesting.  I didn’t see anything that discussed
being able to run Mac apps.  It looked like it will let you run
Windows Apps on your Mac.  Where did you see the
reference to Mac Apps?

Thanks,

Rick

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 12:43 PM, Jerry Daniels via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Y'all might wanna checkout Droplet Computing. This would let me run my Mac or Windows apps on a ChromeBook easily!
> http://www.dropletcom.com/waitlist?ref=pKOcqQ
> Best, Jerry 512-698-6286
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Cross-platform app containers

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hey, Rick!
They said they were gonna get to all the platforms, but at first it will be Windows/Chromebooks. All in good time my pretty!

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jerry,

This looks interesting. I didn’t see anything that discussed
being able to run Mac apps. It looked like it will let you run
Windows Apps on your Mac. Where did you see the
reference to Mac Apps?

Thanks,

Rick

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 12:43 PM, Jerry Daniels via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Y'all might wanna checkout Droplet Computing. This would let me run my Mac or Windows apps on a ChromeBook easily!
> http://www.dropletcom.com/waitlist?ref=pKOcqQ
> Best, Jerry 512-698-6286
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Cross-platform app containers

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
On 06/30/2017 09:43 AM, Jerry Daniels via use-livecode wrote:
> Y'all might wanna checkout Droplet Computing. This would let me run my
> Mac or Windows apps on a ChromeBook easily!
> http://www.dropletcom.com/waitlist?ref=pKOcqQ

Why is this different/better than wine? For that matter why is there a
supposed quote from codeweavers on the website? Seems like they would be
competitors... I call vaporware on this.

--
  Mark Wieder
  [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Cross-platform app containers

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Well the better part would be running Windows apps in Chrome. I have me doubts like Mark. How this can come to fruition without the entire computing industry rising up to smoosh it or buy it out is the real question. Think about it. No more need to buy a Dell laptop, just get a Chromebook!

Of course you get more with an OS than just the ability to run apps. I doubt for instance you could set up a domain controller running Windows Server 2016.

Bob S


> On Jun 30, 2017, at 14:56 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 06/30/2017 09:43 AM, Jerry Daniels via use-livecode wrote:
>> Y'all might wanna checkout Droplet Computing. This would let me run my Mac or Windows apps on a ChromeBook easily!
>> http://www.dropletcom.com/waitlist?ref=pKOcqQ
>
> Why is this different/better than wine? For that matter why is there a supposed quote from codeweavers on the website? Seems like they would be competitors... I call vaporware on this.
>
> --
> Mark Wieder
> [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Loading...