Custom Property Question

charles61
How do you put the contents of a edit field into the property contents of custom properties? I am using a custom label property for checkboxes and I would to add the contents of a field into a custom property when the user checks a checkbox for that field.

Re: Custom Property Question

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Charles,

I'm not sure what you want, but this is the syntax to store data from a field in a custom property:

set the cCustomPropertyName of control "Some Control" to fld "Field Name"

(control can also be card or stack).
--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

How to receive a free Color Converter license http://qurl.tk/kv (read the conditions)

On 23 nov 2010, at 22:02, charles61 wrote:

> How do you put the contents of a edit field into the property contents of
> custom properties? I am using a custom label property for checkboxes and I
> would to add the contents of a field into a custom property when the user
> checks a checkbox for that field.

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Custom Property Question

Jonathan Lynch
It would be a line that looks something like this:

Set the myCustomProperty of button "MyButton" to field "MyField"

That actual name of the custom property can be just about anything, but it
needs to be a single word.

You do not have to precreate custom properties of objects. When you set
them, like in the above example, they are created on the fly.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM, charles61 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do you put the contents of a edit field into the property contents of
> custom properties? I am using a custom label property for checkboxes and I
> would to add the contents of a field into a custom property when the user
> checks a checkbox for that field.

Do all things with love

Re: Custom Property Question

charles61
Thanks!

Your script worked!

Charles Szasz
[hidden email]

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM, charles61 <<a href="x-msg://144/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3056240&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do you put the contents of a edit field into the property contents of
> custom properties? I am using a custom label property for checkboxes and I
> would to add the contents of a field into a custom property when the user
> checks a checkbox for that field.

Do all things with love

Re: Custom Property Question

charles61
Mark,

Thanks your script and Jonathan's worked!

Charles Szasz
[hidden email]