Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Jon Seymour-2
Hi, For the life of me I can't figure out how to transfer an image
library from 2.6.1 to 2.7. Before there was a "/save/usericons"
directory into which one could transfer the rev stack containing the
images. But I am lost on where to put this now, or what to do. Sorry
if I missed this somewhere.

Thanks, Jon

Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

J. Landman Gay
Jon Seymour wrote:
> Hi, For the life of me I can't figure out how to transfer an image
> library from 2.6.1 to 2.7. Before there was a "/save/usericons"
> directory into which one could transfer the rev stack containing the
> images. But I am lost on where to put this now, or what to do. Sorry  if
> I missed this somewhere.

There are lots of things that now get stored separately from the
application folder, so that they will survive updates. As of version 2.7
you only have to install things like plugins and libraries once, and
every new update will use them.

If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents folder
called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the Enterprise
version, your folder would be called "My Revolution Enterprise". Inside
that folder is where all the extras go, in these subfolders:

   Plug ins now load from "Plugins" folder
   Database drivers now load from "Database Drivers" folder
   Externals now load from "Externals" folder
   External & database drivers loaded here are picked up by Standalone
Builder
   Object Libraries are stored in Resources/Object Libraries
   Image Libraries are stored in Resources/Image Libraries

For your image libraries, make a subfolder inside the "My Revolution
<whatever>" folder called "Resources". Inside that, a folder called
"Image Libraries". Inside that, your libraries.

Note that so far these folders aren't created by default, you have to
make them.

Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Richard Gaskin
J. Landman Gay wrote:

> If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents folder
> called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the Enterprise
> version, your folder would be called "My Revolution Enterprise". Inside
> that folder is where all the extras go, in these subfolders:
>
>   Plug ins now load from "Plugins" folder
>   Database drivers now load from "Database Drivers" folder
>   Externals now load from "Externals" folder
>   External & database drivers loaded here are picked up by Standalone
> Builder
>   Object Libraries are stored in Resources/Object Libraries
>   Image Libraries are stored in Resources/Image Libraries
>
> For your image libraries, make a subfolder inside the "My Revolution
> <whatever>" folder called "Resources". Inside that, a folder called
> "Image Libraries". Inside that, your libraries.
>
> Note that so far these folders aren't created by default, you have to
> make them.

Why is that?  Why not, for example, put plugins in a single folder where
we expect users to change its contents?

  Fourth World Media Corporation

[HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Martin Baxter-2
J. Landman Gay wrote:
> If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents folder
> called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the Enterprise

I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder beginning with
the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the thought. I already have a
serious problem with "My Computer", "My Documents" etc. To me this is
like "My first coloring book :-)", eeeuuuw. Surprise! I am not a 5 year
old. Are folders whose names do not begin with the word "my" in some way
not really mine. Or is this actually a dynamic scoping mechanism like in
Perl?

Martin Baxter

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Klaus major-k
Hi Martin,

> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents
>> folder called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the
>> Enterprise
>
> I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder beginning
> with the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the thought. I already
> have a serious problem with "My Computer", "My Documents" etc. To
> me this is like "My first coloring book :-)", eeeuuuw. Surprise! I
> am not a 5 year old. Are folders whose names do not begin with the
> word "my" in some way not really mine. Or is this actually a
> dynamic scoping mechanism like in Perl?

That's exactly what I feel :-D

> Martin Baxter

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

masmit
Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this awful 'my' suffix came
from (MSoft? Apple?), but it makes everything sound like My Little
Pony....

Mark

On 17 Feb 2006, at 09:11, Martin Baxter wrote:

> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents
>> folder called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the
>> Enterprise
>
> I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder beginning
> with the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the thought. I already
> have a serious problem with "My Computer", "My Documents" etc. To
> me this is like "My first coloring book :-)", eeeuuuw. Surprise! I
> am not a 5 year old. Are folders whose names do not begin with the
> word "my" in some way not really mine. Or is this actually a
> dynamic scoping mechanism like in Perl?
>
> Martin Baxter

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Eric Chatonet
Apple does not use and never used such a suffix.
Fortunately :-)

Le 17 févr. 06 à 10:55, Mark Smith a écrit :

> Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this awful 'my' suffix came
> from (MSoft? Apple?), but it makes everything sound like My Little
> Pony....
>
> Mark
>
> On 17 Feb 2006, at 09:11, Martin Baxter wrote:
>
>> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>> If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents
>>> folder called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the
>>> Enterprise
>>
>> I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder
>> beginning with the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the thought.
>> I already have a serious problem with "My Computer", "My
>> Documents" etc. To me this is like "My first coloring book :-)",
>> eeeuuuw. Surprise! I am not a 5 year old. Are folders whose names
>> do not begin with the word "my" in some way not really mine. Or is
>> this actually a dynamic scoping mechanism like in Perl?
>>
>> Martin Baxter

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Djames207

[hidden email] writes:

unsubscribe and manage your subscription  preferences

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

masmit
So perhaps they should be known as Mycrosoft :)

On 17 Feb 2005, at 09:59, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Apple does not use and never used such a suffix.
> Fortunately :-)
>
> Le 17 févr. 06 à 10:55, Mark Smith a écrit :
>
>> Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this awful 'my' suffix
>> came from (MSoft? Apple?), but it makes everything sound like My
>> Little Pony....
>>
>> Mark

>>> I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder
>>> beginning with the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the
>>> thought. I already have a serious problem with "My Computer", "My
>>> Documents" etc. To me this is like "My first coloring book :-)",
>>> eeeuuuw. Surprise! I am not a 5 year old. Are folders whose names
>>> do not begin with the word "my" in some way not really mine. Or
>>> is this actually a dynamic scoping mechanism like in Perl?
>>>
>>> Martin Baxter
>
> Best Regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Djames207

In a message dated 17/02/2006 10:02:32 GMT Standard Time,  [hidden email]
writes:

unsubscribe and manage your

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Djames207
unsubscribe please no more

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Klaus major-k
Hi Mr. [hidden email],

please use the link at the bottom of every mail you get where it reads:

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

xavier.bury
They dont use "my" - they use 'i'... Which is a bit egocentrical if not
narcissist IMOHO ;)

just for the humor of it!!! ;)

[hidden email] wrote on 17/02/2005 10:59:55:

> Apple does not use and never used such a suffix.
> Fortunately :-)
>
> Le 17 févr. 06 à 10:55, Mark Smith a écrit :
>
> > Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this awful 'my' suffix came
> > from (MSoft? Apple?), but it makes everything sound like My Little
> > Pony....
> >
> > Mark

> >> I'm not at all sure I could bring myself to name a folder
> >> beginning with the word "my". Every nerve twitches at the thought.
> >> I already have a serious problem with "My Computer", "My
> >> Documents" etc. To me this is like "My first coloring book :-)",
> >> eeeuuuw. Surprise! I am not a 5 year old. Are folders whose names
> >> do not begin with the word "my" in some way not really mine. Or is
> >> this actually a dynamic scoping mechanism like in Perl?
> >>
> >> Martin Baxter
>
> Best Regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is '[hidden email]'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Klaus major-k
Hi Xavier,

> They dont use "my" - they use 'i'... Which is a bit egocentrical if
> not
> narcissist IMOHO ;)

BUT they use "i" (small caps) and correct english is "I" (= ich, je,
io, ik etc...)
in capital letter, so this may relativise the narcissist tendency a
bit :-D

> just for the humor of it!!! ;)

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Robert Brenstein
>J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>If it does not already exist, create a folder in your Documents
>>folder called "My Revolution [edition]". That is, if you have the
>>Enterprise version, your folder would be called "My Revolution
>>Enterprise". Inside that folder is where all the extras go, in
>>these subfolders:
>>
>>   Plug ins now load from "Plugins" folder
>>   Database drivers now load from "Database Drivers" folder
>>   Externals now load from "Externals" folder
>>   External & database drivers loaded here are picked up by Standalone Builder
>>   Object Libraries are stored in Resources/Object Libraries
>>   Image Libraries are stored in Resources/Image Libraries
>>
>>For your image libraries, make a subfolder inside the "My
>>Revolution <whatever>" folder called "Resources". Inside that, a
>>folder called "Image Libraries". Inside that, your libraries.
>>
>>Note that so far these folders aren't created by default, you have
>>to make them.
>
>Why is that?  Why not, for example, put plugins in a single folder
>where we expect users to change its contents?
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

And how will things be handled if a different version of the same
plugin or driver is needed for a different version of Revolution?

Robert

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Thomas McGrath III
HHHAAAAAAAA

This made i really laugh.

Thanks xavier,,,,,

Tom

On Feb 17, 2006, at 5:47 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> They dont use "my" - they use 'i'... Which is a bit egocentrical if
> not
> narcissist IMOHO ;)
>
> just for the humor of it!!! ;)
>
> [hidden email] wrote on 17/02/2005 10:59:55:
>
>> Apple does not use and never used such a suffix.
>> Fortunately :-)
>>
>> Le 17 févr. 06 à 10:55, Mark Smith a écrit :
>>
>>> Couldn't agree more. I don't know where this awful 'my' suffix came
>>> from (MSoft? Apple?), but it makes everything sound like My Little
>>> Pony....
>>>
>>> Mark

>> Best Regards from Paris,
>> Eric Chatonet
>> ---

> To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
> recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
> standards. The new format is '[hidden email]'.
>
> Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
>
> IMPORTANT MESSAGE
>
> Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
> International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
> this message.
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be
> legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
> are
> not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
> any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
> prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
> those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
> states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
> its affiliates or subsidiaries.
>
> END OF DISCLAIMER

Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com

Lazy River Metal Art™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/metal.html

Meeting Wear™ - http://www.cafepress.com/meetingwear

Semantic Compaction Systems - http://www.minspeak.com

SCIconics, LLC - http://www.sciconics.com/sciindex.html

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Jim Ault
Don't you mean iMOHO?

On 2/17/06 2:47 AM, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> They dont use "my" - they use 'i'... Which is a bit egocentrical if not
>
> narcissist IMOHO ;)
>

> just for the humor of it!!! ;)

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

xavier.bury
actually i should have said  In My OHO since iM on windoze... ;)

[hidden email] wrote on 17/02/2006 16:42:13:

> Don't you mean iMOHO?
>

> On 2/17/06 2:47 AM, "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > They dont use "my" - they use 'i'... Which is a bit egocentrical if
not

> > narcissist IMOHO ;)
> >

> > just for the humor of it!!! ;)
> >

> > [hidden email] wrote on 17/02/2005 10:59:55:

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is '[hidden email]'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

Jim Ault
and I am on Mac, Virtual PC, and Windows.

On 2/17/06 7:46 AM, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> actually i should have said  In My OHO since iM on windoze... ;)
>

> [hidden email] wrote on 17/02/2006 16:42:13:
>
>> Don't you mean iMOHO?
>>

>> On 2/17/06 2:47 AM, "[hidden email]"

Re: [HUMOUR?] Re: Custom image library 2.6 -> 2.7

mwieder
xavier-

> actually i should have said  In My OHO since iM on windoze... ;)

...or maybe hOHO...

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com