Dash LiveCode Docset and "Make Docset" stack updated

Dash LiveCode Docset and "Make Docset" stack updated

dunbarx via use-livecode
The Livecode Dash Docset has been updated to version 1.5 and has been compiled from the LC 9.0.0 rc1 documentation.

The "Make Docset" stack on LivecodeShare has been updated to version 2.6 (modified version algorithm to catch fully the LC 9 series.)
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/845/Make-DocSet

Enjoy.

James

Re: Dash LiveCode Docset and "Make Docset" stack updated

dunbarx via use-livecode
Interesting. I'm curious if this can be used to combine multiple PDF documents into a DocSet.

Bob S

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 06:10 , James Hale via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The Livecode Dash Docset has been updated to version 1.5 and has been compiled from the LC 9.0.0 rc1 documentation.
>
> The "Make Docset" stack on LivecodeShare has been updated to version 2.6 (modified version algorithm to catch fully the LC 9 series.)
> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/845/Make-DocSet
>
> Enjoy.
>
> James

Re: Dash LiveCode Docset and "Make Docset" stack updated

dunbarx via use-livecode
Bob asked:
> Interesting. I'm curious if this can be used to combine multiple PDF documents into a DocSet.

If you are asking if a Dash Docset can be made from pdf’s I think the answer is no.
See...https://kapeli.com/docsets

In the “Make Docset” stack I am using the html files contained in the documentation directory within LiveCode. These are the files that appear when you click on the “Guide” tab in LC’s dictionary. Within Dash they appear when you select the LiveCode document set or any of the keyword headers.
The actual entries come from the stored arrays in the dictionary sqlite database reformatted to html.

No pdf’s were harmed or even looked at in any way.

If you wanted to use pdf’s to make a dash docset, I think you would nee to convert the pdf’s to html.

James

Re: Dash LiveCode Docset and "Make Docset" stack updated

dunbarx via use-livecode
Thanks James.

I was thinking along the lines of an app we use here called DocRecord by Prism. An entry in the database is actually a collection of any kind of document you can read from the file system. So for example, everything related to the sale and installation of a copier, the proposal, contract, lease, site survey etc. are all a part of a collection. Adobe has their own device for this, but so far as I know only accept PDFs.

Bob S