DataGrid Horizontal Scrollbar

dunbarx via use-livecode
When I have a DataGrid with the show horizontal scrollbar set to auto the scrollbar is hidden when the DataGrid contains no rows.

On the face of it this seems correct but when the DataGrid header is wider than the window the scrollbar is still not visible and hence it is not possible to see the header contents
without enlarging the window.

Is this the intended method?

Thanks

Terry

Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scrollbar

dunbarx via use-livecode
probably but if you were to look at the datagrid library i'm sure you can

set the disabled of the scrollbar to false once you find the name of it.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Terence Heaford via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I have a DataGrid with the show horizontal scrollbar set to auto the
> scrollbar is hidden when the DataGrid contains no rows.
>
> On the face of it this seems correct but when the DataGrid header is wider
> than the window the scrollbar is still not visible and hence it is not
> possible to see the header contents
> without enlarging the window.
>
> Is this the intended method?
>

> Thanks
>
> Terry

Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scrollbar

dunbarx via use-livecode

> On 29 Jan 2018, at 19:29, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> set the disabled of the scrollbar to false once you find the name of it.

Yes, that’s certainly possible but surely defeats the point of the auto setting.

All the best

Terry

Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scrollbar

dunbarx via use-livecode
i just thought you needed the ability to scroll the header while there is
no data in the grid...... so it doesn't defeat the purpose just over-rides
it .....maybe i mis-understood what you wanted

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:18 AM, Terence Heaford via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 29 Jan 2018, at 19:29, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > set the disabled of the scrollbar to false once you find the name of it.
>

> Yes, that’s certainly possible but surely defeats the point of the auto
> setting.
>

> All the best
>
> Terry

Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scrollbar

dunbarx via use-livecode

> On 31 Jan 2018, at 15:46, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> i just thought you needed the ability to scroll the header while there is
> no data in the grid...... so it doesn't defeat the purpose just over-rides
> it .....maybe i mis-understood what you wanted

I just thought the correct way for this to work (auto with the horizontal scrollbar) should depend
on the width of the header rather than whether the table contains data and the width of the header.

Thanks

Terry