Datagrid Behaviors Moved??

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Hi all.

I enter in the message box:

edit the script of the behavior of group "dgCustomers"

I get an empty script LC 9 community. Same with other datagrids. Yet the datagrid works as expected. Am I missing something??

Re: Datagrid Behaviors Moved??

dunbarxx via use-livecode
the scripts got moved over to script only stacks in v9....i had the same
experience just yesterday.... list the ide stacks and its in there....look
for the one with the most amount of lines.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I enter in the message box:
>
> edit the script of the behavior of group "dgCustomers"
>
> I get an empty script LC 9 community. Same with other datagrids. Yet the
> datagrid works as expected. Am I missing something??

Re: Datagrid Behaviors Moved??

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Ahah! So the correct syntax would be:

edit the script of the behavior of the behavior of group "dgCustomers"

Bob S

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 08:26 , Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> the scripts got moved over to script only stacks in v9....i had the same
> experience just yesterday.... list the ide stacks and its in there....look
> for the one with the most amount of lines.

Re: Datagrid Behaviors Moved??

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Whoa! Just discovered that when the datagrid library sends selectionChanged to a datagrid, it passes 2 parameters: sHilitedIndexes and pPreviouslyHilitedIndexes! Well THAT is a useful tidbit of information! I go to some effort to save the prior selection in a custom property of each datagrid, so I can compare values in the old and new selection! With These parameters I don't need to do that anymore!

How many other golden nuggets can be found there?

Bob S

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 08:37 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ahah! So the correct syntax would be:
>
> edit the script of the behavior of the behavior of group "dgCustomers"

Re: Datagrid Behaviors Moved??

dunbarxx via use-livecode
thats a good tip for me as well..thanks Bob. you are right..... looking at
the handlers in there is pretty helpful, there may be a bunch of
undocumented nuggz.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Whoa! Just discovered that when the datagrid library sends
> selectionChanged to a datagrid, it passes 2 parameters: sHilitedIndexes and
> pPreviouslyHilitedIndexes! Well THAT is a useful tidbit of information! I
> go to some effort to save the prior selection in a custom property of each
> datagrid, so I can compare values in the old and new selection! With These
> parameters I don't need to do that anymore!
>
> How many other golden nuggets can be found there?
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Jun 25, 2018, at 08:37 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Ahah! So the correct syntax would be:
> >
> > edit the script of the behavior of the behavior of group "dgCustomers"
> >
> > Bob S

Re: Datagrid Behaviors Moved??

dunbarxx via use-livecode
Such as custom header templates? 8)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> thats a good tip for me as well..thanks Bob. you are right..... looking at
> the handlers in there is pretty helpful, there may be a bunch of
> undocumented nuggz.
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Whoa! Just discovered that when the datagrid library sends
> > selectionChanged to a datagrid, it passes 2 parameters: sHilitedIndexes
> and
> > pPreviouslyHilitedIndexes! Well THAT is a useful tidbit of information! I
> > go to some effort to save the prior selection in a custom property of
> each
> > datagrid, so I can compare values in the old and new selection! With
> These
> > parameters I don't need to do that anymore!
> >
> > How many other golden nuggets can be found there?
> >
> > Bob S
> >

> > > On Jun 25, 2018, at 08:37 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ahah! So the correct syntax would be:
> > >
> > > edit the script of the behavior of the behavior of group "dgCustomers"
> > >
> > > Bob S

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com