Datagrid -- Scrolling on Mobile

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
I am slowly getting up to speed with datagrid, I understand structure, the scripts of the row group, can instantiate data etc.

But, am I missing something?

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid

I can't find single lesson on implementing DG on mobile.

Scrolling on mobile -- do we do it the same way as other groups?

1) turn off scroll bars

2) CreateScroller etc (mobile library)

3) Does does Datagrid have it's own "mobile magic" scroller.

I use what looks like a "hackey" way to determine if a user is clicking  on a group, or is scrolling the group. Is it same for the DataGrid?

if abs(the mouseH - item 1 of sStartLoc) <= 10 and abs(the mouseV - item 2 of sStartLoc) <= 10 then

portal_setCurrent (the short name of this card)

put the short name of the target into tRow

set the itemDelimiter to "_"

put item 1 of tRow into tLinkNo

if tLinkNo is not a number then

exit mouseup

end if

put fld (tLInkNo &"_" &"portal-link-label") into tRowName

portal_DoRowLink tRowName

BR

Re: Datagrid -- Scrolling on Mobile

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Dear Swami,

Mobile scrollers should be natively added by the dg2 library when the stack
is executed inside a mobile device context. I've seen the corresponding
portion of code inside the dg2 library.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am slowly getting up to speed with datagrid, I understand structure, the
> scripts of the row group, can instantiate data etc.
>
> But, am I missing something?
>
> http://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid
>
> I can't find single lesson on implementing DG on mobile.
>
> Scrolling on mobile -- do we do it the same way as other groups?
>
> 1) turn off scroll bars
>
> 2) CreateScroller etc (mobile library)
>
> 3) Does does Datagrid have it's own "mobile magic" scroller.
>
> I use what looks like a "hackey" way to determine if a user is clicking
> on a group, or is scrolling the group. Is it same for the DataGrid?
>
> if abs(the mouseH - item 1 of sStartLoc) <= 10 and abs(the mouseV - item 2
> of sStartLoc) <= 10 then
>
> portal_setCurrent (the short name of this card)
>
> put the short name of the target into tRow
>
> set the itemDelimiter to "_"
>
> put item 1 of tRow into tLinkNo
>
> if tLinkNo is not a number then
>
> exit mouseup
>
> end if
>
> put fld (tLInkNo &"_" &"portal-link-label") into tRowName
>
> portal_DoRowLink tRowName
>

> BR

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com