Datagrid2

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
I was just trying out LC9 DP11 and noted in the LC Blog that Datagrid2 is available for testing.

I am a little confused because on opening DP11 I could only find the previous Datagrid.

Is DG2 a widget or rolled into the old Datagrid format?

Is DG2 available in the community edition?

Could someone help me understand please so I may try it out.

Thanks

Terry Heaford

Re: Datagrid2

On 2018-01-11 17:13, Terence Heaford via use-livecode wrote:
> I was just trying out LC9 DP11 and noted in the LC Blog that Datagrid2
> is available for testing.
>
> I am a little confused because on opening DP11 I could only find the
> previous Datagrid.
>
> Is DG2 a widget or rolled into the old Datagrid format?

DG2 is a background compatible upgrade to the existing DataGrid - i.e.
so DataGrids which are used in 9-dp11+ can take advantage of the new
features.

> Is DG2 available in the community edition?

Yes.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Documentation on using the new features is still a little 'light' -
Michael is currently working on some lessons to demonstrate how to use
them.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps