DatePicker89_v108

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Updated to v108, the link is still valid
( http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/903 )

Added now the source code
(and a new name for the widget in the "Tools" palette).

put URL blocking?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi, a question…

The statement:
put URL tURL into tData

tURL, the URL to a text file, resides on a remote server. Is this command blocking? Does LC wait for a response before moving on the the next line of the script?

I’m not clear at all about gets, puts, etc. -- what I need to do if there is a delay in retrieving data, when I need that data in hand before continuing in a script.

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive

RE: put URL blocking?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Yes it's blocking. As far as a know all get/puts to urls is blocking local or remote. The only way I know of not blocking is to use tsNet Async. It works very nicely even on mobile. I download some files in the background while the user is logging in. The login process uses get/puts and they are blocking but are not blocked by the simultaneous outstanding async operations.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: put URL blocking?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
the load command is non-blocking .... which can work well for a lot of use
cases.  hint: to get around the "one request per domain limit" add a # and
unique number to the end of the URL.

check this out.... i made it for the LC Global Conference last year .... a
useful demo  stack of asynchronous http with the community version .... (or
the older URL lib...not tSnet)

https://github.com/makeshyft-tom-g/lc-single-domain-asynchronous-http