Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

pink
Apache has released CouchDB 2.1 and Daybed is still compatible.

The library is available at:  https://github.com/madpink/couchdb4livecode

This has been a big week for me...
I had my talk about CouchDB for Livecode Global (that was fun)

I was interviewd for the CouchDB blog where I did my best to plug Livecode:
https://blog.couchdb.org/2017/08/15/a-couchdb-user-story-gregory-madpink-miller-shares-his-couchdb-udemy-course/

I've created a coupon code for my CouchDB Udemy course for anyone interested:
https://www.udemy.com/understanding-couchdb/?couponCode=LIVECODE

As of now the Daybed library includes:

1. The main functions for GET, PUT, POST and DELETE to CouchDB
2. "Quick functions" which save the basic info (URL, authentication, db name) and let you quickly access docs
3. Sync functions which save documents to a database created for the user and saves locally as a "save stack"

To-Do list:
-continue updating/adding to the quick functions
-add option to save to a per app database instead of per user (this will help make sync compatible with Cloudant)
-toying with other save options besides the stack (open to suggestions)
---
Greg (pink) Miller
mad, pink and dangerous to code

Re: Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Greg,
That was a really cool talk, yesterday.  It got me thinking about Couch as
a maybe a new go-to option for cloud db's.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 7:36 PM, pink via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apache has released CouchDB 2.1 and Daybed is still compatible.
>
> The library is available at:  https://github.com/madpink/couchdb4livecode
>
> This has been a big week for me...
> I had my talk about CouchDB for Livecode Global (that was fun)
>
> I was interviewd for the CouchDB blog where I did my best to plug Livecode:
> https://blog.couchdb.org/2017/08/15/a-couchdb-user-story-
> gregory-madpink-miller-shares-his-couchdb-udemy-course/
>
> I've created a coupon code for my CouchDB Udemy course for anyone
> interested:
> https://www.udemy.com/understanding-couchdb/?couponCode=LIVECODE
>
> As of now the Daybed library includes:
>
> 1. The main functions for GET, PUT, POST and DELETE to CouchDB
> 2. "Quick functions" which save the basic info (URL, authentication, db
> name) and let you quickly access docs
> 3. Sync functions which save documents to a database created for the user
> and saves locally as a "save stack"
>
> To-Do list:
> -continue updating/adding to the quick functions
> -add option to save to a per app database instead of per user (this will
> help make sync compatible with Cloudant)
> -toying with other save options besides the stack (open to suggestions)
>

> -----
> ---
> Greg (pink) Miller
> mad, pink and dangerous to code

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

pink
For experimentation, you can setup a free account with IBM for Cloudant.

The free account is for 1GB which is enough for around 2 million records/revisions

Cloudant shares most of their code with Apache for CouchDB, the only major difference is how they setup users. The Daybed library will work with Cloudant except for the sync functions.
---
Greg (pink) Miller
mad, pink and dangerous to code

Re: Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Great Job! thank you

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 9:20 AM, pink via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> For experimentation, you can setup a free account with IBM for Cloudant.
>
> The free account is for 1GB which is enough for around 2 million
> records/revisions
>
> Cloudant shares most of their code with Apache for CouchDB, the only major
> difference is how they setup users. The Daybed library will work with
> Cloudant except for the sync functions.
>

> -----
> ---
> Greg (pink) Miller
> mad, pink and dangerous to code
> --
> View this message in context: http://go.sparkpostmail1.com/f/a/-g-WTBLoY1fR-Y-tQF-yKQ~~/AAGp3AA~/RgRbeZPUP0EIACzK-qzwulVXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQhzdW5kYXlfMmAMNTIuMzcuMjA1LjI2QgoAAFRgmFmE7uZvUh11c2UtbGl2ZWNvZGVAbGlzdHMucnVucmV2LmNvbQlRBAAAAABEGWh0dHA6Ly9ydW50aW1lLXJldm9sdXRpb25HAnt9.
> 278305.n4.nabble.com/Daybed-2-0-A-Library-for-Apache-
> CouchDB-tp4718601p4718615.html

Re: Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode

> Am 19.08.2017 um 04:51 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Greg,
> That was a really cool talk, yesterday.

I agree, but I have to admit that I have to watch the recording at least once.
It was very good, but also very much input. ;)

Matthias

>  It got me thinking abo

> ut Couch as
> a maybe a new go-to option for cloud db's.
>
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 7:36 PM, pink via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> Apache has released CouchDB 2.1 and Daybed is still compatible.
>>
>> The library is available at:  https://github.com/madpink/couchdb4livecode <https://github.com/madpink/couchdb4livecode>
>>
>> This has been a big week for me...
>> I had my talk about CouchDB for Livecode Global (that was fun)
>>
>> I was interviewd for the CouchDB blog where I did my best to plug Livecode:
>> https://blog.couchdb.org/2017/08/15/a-couchdb-user-story- <https://blog.couchdb.org/2017/08/15/a-couchdb-user-story->
>> gregory-madpink-miller-shares-his-couchdb-udemy-course/
>>
>> I've created a coupon code for my CouchDB Udemy course for anyone
>> interested:
>> https://www.udemy.com/understanding-couchdb/?couponCode=LIVECODE
>>
>> As of now the Daybed library includes:
>>
>> 1. The main functions for GET, PUT, POST and DELETE to CouchDB
>> 2. "Quick functions" which save the basic info (URL, authentication, db
>> name) and let you quickly access docs
>> 3. Sync functions which save documents to a database created for the user
>> and saves locally as a "save stack"
>>
>> To-Do list:
>> -continue updating/adding to the quick functions
>> -add option to save to a per app database instead of per user (this will
>> help make sync compatible with Cloudant)
>> -toying with other save options besides the stack (open to suggestions)
>>

>> -----
>> ---
>> Greg (pink) Miller
>> mad, pink and dangerous to code

>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

Re: Daybed 2.0 - A Library for Apache CouchDB

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
HI Greg,

I've just purchased your udemy course to say thank you.

I'm sure somewhere down the line this will be very useful

Thanks again

lagi