Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Be there, or be square:

https://igg.me/at/devawriter

Love, Richmond.

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hey Richmond,

Looks good! You should have a support level somewhere below the purchase price. I would make a donation, but don’t want to purchase the program.

Peter

> On May 30, 2018, at 10:54 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Be there, or be square:
>
> https://igg.me/at/devawriter
>
> Love, Richmond.

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
I do have a support level below the purchase price!

The purchase price is $50, but donations of $25 will get a copy of the
program.

Richmond.

On 31/5/2018 7:04 am, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:

> Hey Richmond,
>
> Looks good! You should have a support level somewhere below the purchase price. I would make a donation, but don’t want to purchase the program.
>
> Peter
>

>> On May 30, 2018, at 10:54 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Be there, or be square:
>>
>> https://igg.me/at/devawriter
>>
>> Love, Richmond.

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Richmond,

I think peter was hinting at the same thing as me in the Forum.

Crowdfunding campaigns of much more expensive products and aims come with
token "We love to help but don't have a use for your product"

https://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-113-why-
every-project-should-have-a-1-reward-level/

The article above says don't have anything within a $1 and the core
product. In this case your core product is a  smaller Niche than Iphone
Cases.
I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
psychology with the last one). In fact I would just put $1 and $7 - as you
have explained a lot of languages, cultures and philosophies owe a debt to
not only Sanskrit and the Vedas and hindu philosophy in General  is so
important - having influence on greek more than Latin but the takeover of
greek culture by Rome broke that historical connection  and latin got it's
direct connections as well Video and  Vidi (see and observe) from the word
Veda (meaning to see or to know).

WE also wouldn't have had the great talk by Alan Watt ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-vjWKJb0c

I would get in touch with some of these people as well and see if they can
put the word out
http://www.anantaajournal.com/
https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/40-common-sanskrit-words-for-yogis
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/oriental-studies/sanskrit?wssl=1
https://www.ed.ac.uk/literatures-languages-cultures/asian-studies/sanskrit

I would suggest universities with sanskrit studies might be a good bet.

I don't think i'm wrong in  assuming Devawriter is more a labour of love
than a get rich slow program.

But even if some of the student cant muster $25 they could still help at
least it will be on the radar when they have jobs and can afford it. . If
they can't afford $7 to help then they have the $1 - if they can't afford
$1 what are they doing on the internet with an Iphone drinking starbucks!!

Anyway since you haven't put a lower pledge I've donated - now to learn
Sanskrit!!

Breaking News
============
Went to the site to donate and they have a contribute any amount - but
since I had already  decided that I was gonna learn Sanskrit (and help -
maybe not in that order) I've pledged the $25 anyway..
I would still put it as a perk - the perk being the undying love of
Richmond - (not in the biblical sense and certainly not in the Kamasutra
sense ).
People  will see $25 and not bother clicking further.

For the sake of Humanity Richmond!!

Regards Lagi

On 31 May 2018 at 09:40, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do have a support level below the purchase price!
>
> The purchase price is $50, but donations of $25 will get a copy of the
> program.
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 31/5/2018 7:04 am, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Hey Richmond,
>>
>> Looks good! You should have a support level somewhere below the purchase
>> price. I would make a donation, but don’t want to purchase the program.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> On May 30, 2018, at 10:54 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Be there, or be square:
>>>
>>> https://igg.me/at/devawriter
>>>
>>> Love, Richmond.

Cropping an image

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
I am trying to take the first n rows and the last n rows of an image and deleting the center (from top to bottom) and pasting the top and bottom together. The imagedata of an image control seems to be a z buffer with 4 bytes per pixel. I put the first n rows followed by the last n rows into a var. Then adjust the height of the image and set the imagedata from the var. I am not seeing what I expect. The image does not change but just squashes the original image. Should this work? Also what if the number of pixels of the image does not match the data in the var (hgt*wid*4)? What if it's short or long? I tried putting the var into the imagedata of a new blank image control. It looked close but there seemed to be some alpha channel issues. The original (png) is copied from a master image card and put on to the working card before I start.

Thanks for any insight...

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Thank you, Lagi, for your advice.

On 31/5/2018 5:43 pm, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
> I think peter was hinting at the same thing as me in the Forum.
>
> Crowdfunding campaigns of much more expensive products and aims come with
> token "We love to help but don't have a use for your product"
>
> https://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-113-why-
> every-project-should-have-a-1-reward-level/
>
> The article above says don't have anything within a $1 and the core
> product. In this case your core product is a  smaller Niche than Iphone
> Cases.
> I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
> psychology with the last one). In fact I would just put $1 and $7 - as you
> have explained a lot of languages, cultures and philosophies owe a debt to
> not only Sanskrit and the Vedas and hindu philosophy in General  is so
> important - having influence on greek more than Latin but the takeover of
> greek culture by Rome broke that historical connection  and latin got it's
> direct connections as well Video and  Vidi (see and observe) from the word
> Veda (meaning to see or to know).

This is a good idea.

> WE also wouldn't have had the great talk by Alan Watt ..
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-vjWKJb0c
>
> I would get in touch with some of these people as well and see if they can
> put the word out
> http://www.anantaajournal.com/
> https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/40-common-sanskrit-words-for-yogis
> https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/oriental-studies/sanskrit?wssl=1

I wouldn't go near anything to do with Sanskrit and the University of
Oxford with a ten-foot pole as they are seriously in bed with ISKCON,
an organisation of which I was a member 36 years ago until my family had
the strength to hire deprogrammers from the USA to
rescue me: I will NOT do business with either a cult or an organisation
which in any way helps that cult achieve its ends.
> https://www.ed.ac.uk/literatures-languages-cultures/asian-studies/sanskrit
>

> I would suggest universities with sanskrit studies might be a good bet.
>
> I don't think i'm wrong in  assuming Devawriter is more a labour of love
> than a get rich slow program.

Indeed.

I've never heard of a "get rich slow program", although it does sound
charming, even if, at 56, slow may mean
that I hit my richest point about 3 years after my funeral.

Lagi Pittas wrote:
 > I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
 > psychology with the last one).

I would love to learn more about 7, but when I went searching I just
found the usual articles about the psychology of 9 and 5.  Where can I
learn more?

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Read the other two articles, then divide by 2.

> On May 31, 2018, at 10:57 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Lagi Pittas wrote:
> > I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
> > psychology with the last one).
>
> I would love to learn more about 7, but when I went searching I just found the usual articles about the psychology of 9 and 5.  Where can I learn more?
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin

Cropping an image

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
OK, Here's the deal. Although there is a byte for alpha in the z buffer (imagedata) it seems to be ignored. The alpha data is only in the alphadata property. You also must set the text property to empty before you set the new image(imagedata) and alpha data(alphadata).

This example just does a crop in the middle of y and pastes the remaining top and bottom together:

command CropMiddleOfImage pImageName, pMiddlePercentCrop
   --
   -- pImageName ==> LiveCode image control's name
   -- pMiddlePercentCrop ==> 0 to 100

   lock screen
   put the imagedata of image pImageName into tImageData
   put the alphadata of image pImageName into tAlphaData
   put the width of image pImageName into tWidth
   put the height of image pImageName into tHeight

   put pMiddlePercentCrop / 100 into pMiddlePercentCrop
   put trunc((tHeight - (tHeight * pMiddlePercentCrop)) / 2) into tTop
   put tTop into tBottom
   if not (((tHeight - (tHeight * pMiddlePercentCrop)) / 2) is an integer) then
      add 1 to tBottom
   end if

   put byte 1 to (tTop*4*tWidth) -1 of tImageData into tNewImageData
   put byte (the number of bytes of tImageData - (tBottom*4*tWidth)) to -1 of tImageData after tNewImageData
   put byte 1 to (tTop*tWidth) -1 of tAlphaData into tNewAlphaData
   put byte (the number of bytes of tAlphaData - (tBottom*tWidth)) to -1 of tAlphaData after tNewAlphaData

   set the height of image pImageName to tTop+tBottom
   set the width of image pImageName to tWidth
   set the text of image pImageName to empty
   set the imagedata of image pImageName to tNewImageData
   set the alphadata of image pImageName to tNewAlphaData

   unlock screen

end CropMiddleOfImage pImageName

On 05/31/2018 08:18 PM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> Read the other two articles, then divide by 2.

<groan>

Re: Cropping an image

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
This reminds me I was looking at this stuff the other day and it’s really not a big job to add a pixelData property that is ARGB instead of the xRGB we have for imageData which would reduce the data you are dealing with if you want to set the alpha at the same time.

Good community contribution I’d suggest (that doesn’t mean you have to do it today Brian ;-)

Cheers

Monte

> On 1 Jun 2018, at 2:07 pm, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK, Here's the deal. Although there is a byte for alpha in the z buffer (imagedata) it seems to be ignored. The alpha data is only in the alphadata property. You also must set the text property to empty before you set the new image(imagedata) and alpha data(alphadata).
>
> This example just does a crop in the middle of y and pastes the remaining top and bottom together:
>
> command CropMiddleOfImage pImageName, pMiddlePercentCrop
>   --
>   -- pImageName ==> LiveCode image control's name
>   -- pMiddlePercentCrop ==> 0 to 100
>   --
>   local tImageData, tWidth, tHeight, tTop, tBottom, tNewImageData, tAlphaData, tNewAlphaData
>
>   lock screen
>   put the imagedata of image pImageName into tImageData
>   put the alphadata of image pImageName into tAlphaData
>   put the width of image pImageName into tWidth
>   put the height of image pImageName into tHeight
>
>   put pMiddlePercentCrop / 100 into pMiddlePercentCrop
>   put trunc((tHeight - (tHeight * pMiddlePercentCrop)) / 2) into tTop
>   put tTop into tBottom
>   if not (((tHeight - (tHeight * pMiddlePercentCrop)) / 2) is an integer) then
>      add 1 to tBottom
>   end if
>
>   put byte 1 to (tTop*4*tWidth) -1 of tImageData into tNewImageData
>   put byte (the number of bytes of tImageData - (tBottom*4*tWidth)) to -1 of tImageData after tNewImageData
>   put byte 1 to (tTop*tWidth) -1 of tAlphaData into tNewAlphaData
>   put byte (the number of bytes of tAlphaData - (tBottom*tWidth)) to -1 of tAlphaData after tNewAlphaData
>
>   set the height of image pImageName to tTop+tBottom
>   set the width of image pImageName to tWidth
>   set the text of image pImageName to empty
>   set the imagedata of image pImageName to tNewImageData
>   set the alphadata of image pImageName to tNewAlphaData
>
>   unlock screen
>
> end CropMiddleOfImage pImageName
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
C'mon, Colin. You know most programmers don't do math.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
On May 31, 2018 10:20:39 PM Colin Holgate via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Read the other two articles, then divide by 2.
>

>> On May 31, 2018, at 10:57 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Lagi Pittas wrote:
>> > I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
>> > psychology with the last one).
>>
>> I would love to learn more about 7, but when I went searching I just found
>> the usual articles about the psychology of 9 and 5.  Where can I learn more?
>>
>> --
>> Richard Gaskin

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Richmond,

Well I couldn’t agree more if that is the case, but that was 2 minutes of googling but the general suggestion of contacting “good” Sanskrit related organisations of watch you no doubt know a good few still has merit. And you never know who or what might turn up.

Anyway hope all goes well with the campaign

Regards Lagi

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
>> Went to the site to donate and they have a contribute any amount - but
>> since I had already  decided that I was gonna learn Sanskrit (and help -
>> maybe not in that order) I've pledged the $25 anyway..
>> I would still put it as a perk - the perk being the undying love of
>> Richmond - (not in the biblical sense and certainly not in the Kamasutra
>> sense ).
>> People  will see $25 and not bother clicking further.
>>
>> For the sake of Humanity Richmond!!
>>
>> Regards Lagi
>>

>> On 31 May 2018 at 09:40, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I do have a support level below the purchase price!
>>>
>>> The purchase price is $50, but donations of $25 will get a copy of the
>>> program.
>>>
>>> Richmond.

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

I assume you’re taking the piss (jokingly I hope)

But it’s certainly fining it’s way into the market

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/moviepass-slashes-prices-to-7-point-95month-so-how-does-it-make-money.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/netflix-price-increase-us-uk-plan-price-premium-standard-basic-when-a7986096.html

The .9x on the end doesn’t remove the psychological aspect. Basically 7 ish is where people can be flipped from buying or not buying something that isn’t really needed and also the sweet spot where you can have a subscription on credit/debit card for a year or more on something you are not using and just put off cancelling because in the scheme of things it isn’t a mortgage.

As an example of NOT following this rule there is a direct debit going out of my account for extended warranty for a VISTA Laptop I had probably in 2006 or 7 that either says I have more money than sense,but I assure you it’s not the former which makes it a contradiction, a paradox or an oxymoron - answers on a postcard please. I phoned up once to cancel and I ended up telling the twat on the end of the phone where to stick his head.

Lagi

P.s

The great Tesla said that the keys to the universe were the numbers 3,6 and 9 but fiat currency  never plays nice with reality.

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/why-did-tesla-say-that-369-was-the-key-to-the-universe/

On a personal note if there is something that I want and it’s easier (or faster) to get at £7 instead of 5 my time is worth more than saving £2 on anything especially a one off  - but that’s me

Sent from my iPhone

> On 1 Jun 2018, at 03:57, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Lagi Pittas wrote:
> > I would put a couple of "we love ya" perks $1 $5 or $7 (there is some
> > psychology with the last one).
>
> I would love to learn more about 7, but when I went searching I just found the usual articles about the psychology of 9 and 5.  Where can I learn more?
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
What surprises me is that I get it. :-)

Bob S

> On May 31, 2018, at 21:20 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 05/31/2018 08:18 PM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
>> Read the other two articles, then divide by 2.
>
> <groan>
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
What surprises me is you don't let us mental pygmies in on the in joke.

(sorry if that is  a hate crime against you  Pygmies with internet access)

Regards lagi

On 1 June 2018 at 15:54, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> What surprises me is that I get it. :-)
>
> Bob S
>

> > On May 31, 2018, at 21:20 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On 05/31/2018 08:18 PM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> >> Read the other two articles, then divide by 2.
> >
> > <groan>
> >
> > --
> > Mark Wieder

Re: Devawriter Pro: Fund Raiser Goes Live!

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Bob

That should be Intellectual Pygmies - although sometimes mental is closer
to the truth these days.