Quantcast

Dictionary entry for 'answer' - something missing?

Dictionary entry for 'answer' - something missing?

Maybe I don’t understand how to access the LC Dictionary in 8.1.4 rc 1, but when I look up ‘answer’ I miss the plain vanilla version, as in

  answer question “Do you agree?” with “Yes” or “No” titled “Make a Decision!”

This does work from the message box.

Can anyone find this definition? If not, it’s a bug, I think.

TIA

Graham

Re: Dictionary entry for 'answer' - something missing?

Hi Graham,

If you search for "answer", the 9th result in the list is what you are
looking for:

answer [iconType] prompt [with button1 [or buttons]] [titled windowTitle] [
as sheet]

Tested in 8.1.4 RC1 Indy.

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe I don’t understand how to access the LC Dictionary in 8.1.4 rc 1,
> but when I look up ‘answer’ I miss the plain vanilla version, as in
>
>   answer question “Do you agree?” with “Yes” or “No” titled “Make a
> Decision!”
>
> This does work from the message box.
>
> Can anyone find this definition? If not, it’s a bug, I think.
>
> TIA
>
> Graham

Re: Dictionary entry for 'answer' - something missing?

Thanks Panos - on the Mac, it is not immediately obvious that the panel showing the different types of ‘answer’ is a scrolling list! My error, but I am probably not the only one likely to make it!

Cheers

Graham