Different ways of finishing an application

Different ways of finishing an application

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi there
I’ve got two a standalones made from the same stack, one standalone made with LC 7.1.3, the other one with  LC 8.1.3. When I want to finish the two apps, it works fine with both standalones as long as I hit the red button of the decorations.

With the standalone made from LC 7.1.3 it also works fine when I use the menu item „QUIT MyApp.app“ or when I use my button „Quit" with the script „closestack“. „Closestack“ is in the stackscript ending with the quit-command.

BUT: The standalone made with LC 8.1.3 crashes sometimes when I use the menu item „Quit MyApp.app“ or when I use the button „Quit" with the script „closestack“ (The crashes don’t occur every time, one could think it happens by random) {the app hangs for some time and then produces a report to Apple). It happens on different Macs with different operating systems running.

Is there somebody there who has encountered the same problems?

There might be some difference between version 7.1.3 and 8.1.3 in terms of handling the different ways of finishing an application. (?)

Any hints very much appreciated and thanks a lot for your advice.

Cheers
Martin

Re: Different ways of finishing an application

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
In the standalone builder, select the Bug Reports button and check the Include Error Reporting Dialog checkbox. Check at least the Allow user to email report and put your email address in. When an error occurs it will include the line of code that crashed the app, as well as the object the code was in.

That should get you started. Usually what crashes a standalone is an endless loop of some kind.

Bob S