Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi friends,

what might cause the fact that in my datagrids on card 2
the "column labels" disapear whenever I (re-)open that stack

NO scripting involved so far, the labels are just gone!?

"refreshline/refreshindex/refreshlist" does NOT work in a script.
I have to click "Refresh" in the inspector for these two datagrids
to make then appear again. This is driving me crazy! :-/

macOS 10.14.6, LC 9.0.5, same with LC 9.5.
Thanks for any hints.

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Brian Milby via use-livecode
I've had that happen in the past .... but unfortunately, i was unable to
track it down at the time.....i remember this happening way back on v 7
...so its a bug thats been around a while.  I've also not had it happen in
quite a while, so its triggered by something very particular.

do we have a way to step through code in the datagrid library yet?  If not,
this is gonna be really hard to trace.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:59 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> what might cause the fact that in my datagrids on card 2
> the "column labels" disapear whenever I (re-)open that stack
>
> NO scripting involved so far, the labels are just gone!?
>
> "refreshline/refreshindex/refreshlist" does NOT work in a script.
> I have to click "Refresh" in the inspector for these two datagrids
> to make then appear again. This is driving me crazy! :-/
>
> macOS 10.14.6, LC 9.0.5, same with LC 9.5.
> Thanks for any hints.
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Office:226-706-9339
Mobile:226-706-9793

Re: Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Why not just ask Klaus?
Craig

Re: Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi all,

> Am 12.11.2019 um 17:59 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi friends,
>
> what might cause the fact that in my datagrids on card 2
> the "column labels" disapear whenever I (re-)open that stack
>
> NO scripting involved so far, the labels are just gone!?
>
> "refreshline/refreshindex/refreshlist" does NOT work in a script.
> I have to click "Refresh" in the inspector for these two datagrids
> to make then appear again. This is driving me crazy! :-/
>
> macOS 10.14.6, LC 9.0.5, same with LC 9.5.
> Thanks for any hints.

this is a real showstopper for my current project! :-/

Maybe someone knows what command(s) is/are hiding behind the
"refresh" button in the inspector for a datagrid?
Or where in the may behavior scripts I will find the answer?

Clicking that button seems to be the only way to make the labels appear again.

Thank you!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi Klaus,

This should be "resetList"

*send* "resetList" to grp "datagrid 1"

Do you have a custom header script? You can check this by using this
command:

*put* the dgProp["default header behavior"] of grp "datagrid 1"

Best Regards,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 1:26 PM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > Am 12.11.2019 um 17:59 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > what might cause the fact that in my datagrids on card 2
> > the "column labels" disapear whenever I (re-)open that stack
> >
> > NO scripting involved so far, the labels are just gone!?
> >
> > "refreshline/refreshindex/refreshlist" does NOT work in a script.
> > I have to click "Refresh" in the inspector for these two datagrids
> > to make then appear again. This is driving me crazy! :-/
> >
> > macOS 10.14.6, LC 9.0.5, same with LC 9.5.
> > Thanks for any hints.
>
> this is a real showstopper for my current project! :-/
>
> Maybe someone knows what command(s) is/are hiding behind the
> "refresh" button in the inspector for a datagrid?
> Or where in the may behavior scripts I will find the answer?
>
> Clicking that button seems to be the only way to make the labels appear
> again.
>
> Thank you!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> https://www.major-k.de

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com

Re: Disappearing "column lables" of Datagrid

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Hi Zryip,

> Am 13.11.2019 um 17:08 schrieb zryip theSlug via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
> This should be "resetList"
> *send* "resetList" to grp "datagrid 1"

thank you, will try this.

Five  minutes later...
Seems to work, muchas gracias! :-)

> Do you have a custom header script? You can check this by using this
> command:
> *put* the dgProp["default header behavior"] of grp "datagrid 1"

No header scripts involved.

> Best Regards,
>
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 1:26 PM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>> Am 12.11.2019 um 17:59 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi friends,
>>>
>>> what might cause the fact that in my datagrids on card 2
>>> the "column labels" disapear whenever I (re-)open that stack
>>>
>>> NO scripting involved so far, the labels are just gone!?
>>>
>>> "refreshline/refreshindex/refreshlist" does NOT work in a script.
>>> I have to click "Refresh" in the inspector for these two datagrids
>>> to make then appear again. This is driving me crazy! :-/
>>>
>>> macOS 10.14.6, LC 9.0.5, same with LC 9.5.
>>> Thanks for any hints.
>>
>> this is a real showstopper for my current project! :-/
>>
>> Maybe someone knows what command(s) is/are hiding behind the
>> "refresh" button in the inspector for a datagrid?
>> Or where in the may behavior scripts I will find the answer?
>>
>> Clicking that button seems to be the only way to make the labels appear
>> again.

Best

Klaus

--