Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Tom Glod via use-livecode
I have a drop down search panel with radio buttons and a search field.

the search string field is grouped with the search icon (magnify glass icon)

this small group of two objects has  behavior attached. When the user hits the search icon, the string and readio buttons all form and run a dbase query.

Works fine on desktop

But on mobile the keyboard remains "stuck" and I have no way to dismiss it.
How do you give the user the option to be "done" with text entry

I have "select empty" in mouseup of the search behavior.  I thought this would get the cursor out of the field and cause the keyboard to go away and the mouseup Handler would proceed… but not go… I don't think the touch event even gets through as long as the cursor is still in the field and the keyboard is up…

Re: Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Try "focus on nothing" instead of selecting empty.

On September 30, 2017 12:20:26 AM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a drop down search panel with radio buttons and a search field.
>
> the search string field is grouped with the search icon (magnify glass icon)
>
> this small group of two objects has  behavior attached. When the user hits
> the search icon, the string and readio buttons all form and run a dbase query.
>
> Works fine on desktop
>
> But on mobile the keyboard remains "stuck" and I have no way to dismiss it.
> How do you give the user the option to be "done" with text entry
>
> I have "select empty" in mouseup of the search behavior.  I thought this
> would get the cursor out of the field and cause the keyboard to go away and
> the mouseup Handler would proceed… but not go… I don't think the touch
> event even gets through as long as the cursor is still in the field and the
> keyboard is up…

Re: Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Yes peruising the dictionary in the little cool app made by someone in Asia… LC dictionary.. and looking through all the mobileControlCreate input options and saw that focus was the key.

And this app has a nice keyboard with the word "DONE" in blue, in the place where the return key is (at least in iOS)  I looked all through the dictionary and online lessons… can't find how to invoke that one.. though not mission critical, would be nice.  That's probably the mobileCreateControl Input.. with some settting,

J. Landman Gay wrote:

    Try "focus on nothing" instead of selecting empty.

Re: Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Tom Glod via use-livecode
I wonder if simply setting the "editable" property of the field, in code, would close the keyboard.
Bill P

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

> On Sep 30, 2017, at 10:46 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes peruising the dictionary in the little cool app made by someone in Asia… LC dictionary.. and looking through all the mobileControlCreate input options and saw that focus was the key.
>
> And this app has a nice keyboard with the word "DONE" in blue, in the place where the return key is (at least in iOS)  I looked all through the dictionary and online lessons… can't find how to invoke that one.. though not mission critical, would be nice.  That's probably the mobileCreateControl Input.. with some settting,
>
> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>    Try "focus on nothing" instead of selecting empty.

Re: Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Tom Glod via use-livecode
See " mobilesetkeyboardtype".

On September 30, 2017 12:48:31 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And this app has a nice keyboard with the word "DONE" in blue, in the place
> where the return key is (at least in iOS)  I looked all through the
> dictionary and online lessons… can't find how to invoke that one.. though
> not mission critical, would be nice.  That's probably the
> mobileCreateControl Input.. with some settting,

Re: Dismiss Keyboard on Mobile

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hmm. that nice "DONE" option is only for iOS

iPhoneSetKeyboardReturnKey