Docker

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
OIC! Dwarves, being generally mischievous, and trolls color blind, I can see how you could run into some QC issues.

Bob S

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 14:44 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 07/11/2018 02:27 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
>> That is a GREAT idea! Imagine a place where you can get money for all your one sock pairs! They send you a box, shipping is free, and then dwarves managed by troll overlords can match up as best they can all the socks they get!
>
> Still to be solved, though, is the conundrum of a sockchain concensus mechanism, i.e., the Byzantine Generals problem. You wouldn't want to receive someone else's socks, or worse, a mixed pair.
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Sock-re-Bleu, this is an odd thread.

William Prothero
http://earthlearningsolutions.org

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 3:08 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OIC! Dwarves, being generally mischievous, and trolls color blind, I can see how you could run into some QC issues.
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Jul 11, 2018, at 14:44 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/11/2018 02:27 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
>>> That is a GREAT idea! Imagine a place where you can get money for all your one sock pairs! They send you a box, shipping is free, and then dwarves managed by troll overlords can match up as best they can all the socks they get!
>>
>> Still to be solved, though, is the conundrum of a sockchain concensus mechanism, i.e., the Byzantine Generals problem. You wouldn't want to receive someone else's socks, or worse, a mixed pair.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Wieder

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
I'm in a strange mood. I got into my car last Sunday and discovered two of my three radio programmable buttons had changed stations. I'm the only person who drives my car, and I always lock it wherever I go. I'm not sure I haven't entered some alternate universe or something.

Bob S

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 15:15 , prothero--- via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sock-re-Bleu, this is an odd thread.
>
> William Prothero
> http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Probably the same person who breaks into my car every night and turns the radio volume way up.
.Jerry

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 3:18 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm in a strange mood. I got into my car last Sunday and discovered two of my three radio programmable buttons had changed stations. I'm the only person who drives my car, and I always lock it wherever I go. I'm not sure I haven't entered some alternate universe or something.

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Uh oh. And, how old are you, Bob?

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 4:18 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm in a strange mood. I got into my car last Sunday and discovered two of my three radio programmable buttons had changed stations. I'm the only person who drives my car, and I always lock it wherever I go. I'm not sure I haven't entered some alternate universe or something.
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Jul 11, 2018, at 15:15 , prothero--- via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Sock-re-Bleu, this is an odd thread.
>>
>> William Prothero
>> http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
> I'm in a strange mood. I got into my car last Sunday and discovered two of my three radio programmable buttons had changed stations. I'm the only person who drives my car, and I always lock it wherever I go. I'm not sure I haven't entered some alternate universe or something.

That's easy. You got into someone else's unlocked car.
They're gonna be annoyed if you change those presets.

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
They'll be more annoyed that their car isn't where they left it.  Of course
if they understand sock science, maybe they'll go look for it in the dryer.

On 07/11/2018 05:16 PM, Mike Bonner via use-livecode wrote:
> They'll be more annoyed that their car isn't where they left it.  Of course
> if they understand sock science, maybe they'll go look for it in the dryer.

Shouldn't be a problem.
They can just take Bob's car and wonder why the presets got changed.

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Yeah, and they are gonna want their car back!

Bob S

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 17:09 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 07/11/2018 03:18 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
>> I'm in a strange mood. I got into my car last Sunday and discovered two of my three radio programmable buttons had changed stations. I'm the only person who drives my car, and I always lock it wherever I go. I'm not sure I haven't entered some alternate universe or something.
>
> That's easy. You got into someone else's unlocked car.
> They're gonna be annoyed if you change those presets.
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Well then the real mystery is why someone moved all my stuff into someone elses car!

Bob S

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 17:56 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 07/11/2018 05:16 PM, Mike Bonner via use-livecode wrote:
>> They'll be more annoyed that their car isn't where they left it.  Of course
>> if they understand sock science, maybe they'll go look for it in the dryer.
>
> Shouldn't be a problem.
> They can just take Bob's car and wonder why the presets got changed.
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
It is possible that, in the night, you were in some sort of fugue state,
hopped into your car and changed the radio stations . . .

. . . similar to when  get out of bed in the morning and find LiveCode
stacks that I
didn't make littering my desktop. ;-)

Richmond.

On 12/7/2018 6:19 pm, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:

> Well then the real mystery is why someone moved all my stuff into someone elses car!
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Jul 11, 2018, at 17:56 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/11/2018 05:16 PM, Mike Bonner via use-livecode wrote:
>>> They'll be more annoyed that their car isn't where they left it.  Of course
>>> if they understand sock science, maybe they'll go look for it in the dryer.
>> Shouldn't be a problem.
>> They can just take Bob's car and wonder why the presets got changed.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Wieder

Re: Docker

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Anything is possible, which is why I think color blind trolls and mischievous dwarves not too far fetched.

Bob S